Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

Low Carb Burgers

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MadMatr07

My friends I am in a dilemma. I have tried to eat less carbs so bread is off limits. Does anyone have any good ways to still enjoy a burger without a bun so it doesn't seem like you are eating terrible steak?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Why are you cutting back on carbs?

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MadMatr07

Just trying to lose a little weight. The pasta is killing me!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

If you're trying to lose weight, you shouldn't be eating any kind of burger.

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MadMatr07

True but I still have to scratch that itch from time to time

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

why are you cutting back on carbs?

Carbs are easy to  burn and you're more than likely to burn it through daily  movements.

That being said, burgers have one thing that you should keep away from, to get thinner and to be healthier- trans fats and saturated fats.

But there are fat free burgers out there.  They're typically better too.  They just sometimes cost a bit more.  At other places they'll cost less though.  Matters who you buy from.
    The whole carb myth has been debunked.  It all stemmed from some dumb person who realized that carbs get stored if they're not used (probably took biology 101).   That being said, so does nearly everything, but its on a much smaller scale.

Simply put- fat and calories are the things to watch out for.  Sounds like common sense, but lots of people think that the simple isn't true- it is.  Calories aren't a thing in it, but sugars, fats, etc. all make up this number (1 calorie = the amount of energy needed to heat a gram of water 1 degree)

Edit:  and yes, you can eat burgers while cutting back on weight.  All you have to do is burn more calories than take in.  I know this sounds crazy, but if you just work out everyday for about 45 min. and eat normally (unless you eat crazy amounts) youll probably lose weight.  Of course it ranges, but in general

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MadMatr07

I just wanted a recipe for a good low carb burger lol

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MadMatr07

Thank you for your concern though

Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Duke

I don't know any burgers that could help, But when i dropped my weight i just treated myself to one awesome burger a week. It doesn't help you lose weight quicker but it will help you keep motivated for the duration. If you go cold turkey chances are you will crack, only one a week though haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.