Made a great hamburger last night.

#1 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Take some good ground beef, mix in (do not put over the patty, actually mix the stuff in there, added to the top of the finished product if you want a little extra flavor) a good shaking of Johnny seasoning, some generic Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and a good bit of blood (already included). Throw it on the bbq, slap some cheese on it, and it's got a subtle bit of extra flavor. Not too subtle mind you, but quite good. 

Any other quick experemints with the might hamburger people wanna post? I for one prefer to spice up my foods to make em more interesting, and I'd love to have a few things to try when I'm out on the grill!
#2 Posted by AgentofChaos (1565 posts) -

That sounds amazing, maybe I'll try it next time.

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Might want to throw in some Dijon mustard with the ground beef. Lovely stuff.

#4 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
"Might want to throw in some Dijon mustard with the ground beef. Lovely stuff. "

Ooh, that does sound good.
#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
"Might want to throw in some Dijon mustard with the ground beef. Lovely stuff. "
Ooh, that does sound good. "
Certainly is. You could also add some chopped onions too. I mean you could just put some sliced onions on top of the burger itself but I prefer to mix it in with the meat.
#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

OOOOOOOOOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

#7 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @MordeaniisChaos said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
Certainly is. You could also add some chopped onions too. I mean you could just put some sliced onions on top of the burger itself but I prefer to mix it in with the meat. "

Eh, onions are a no-no for me. I have been looking for an alternative that I actually like though, cause I enjoy the texture of onions.
#8 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@MordeaniisChaos said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" @MordeaniisChaos said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
Certainly is. You could also add some chopped onions too. I mean you could just put some sliced onions on top of the burger itself but I prefer to mix it in with the meat. "
Eh, onions are a no-no for me. I have been looking for an alternative that I actually like though, cause I enjoy the texture of onions. "
I can understand why you wouldn't like them. Hmm. The only alternative I can think is cucumber. It does have that crunchy texture to it, not the same as onions but...
#9 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @MordeaniisChaos said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" @MordeaniisChaos said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
Eh, onions are a no-no for me. I have been looking for an alternative that I actually like though, cause I enjoy the texture of onions. "
I can understand why you wouldn't like them. Hmm. The only alternative I can think is cucumber. It does have that crunchy texture to it, not the same as onions but... "

Curious, I should try that sometime. Maybe celery could work too? Not so sure about that though. Ah well.
#10 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

That's pretty good. I mixed a pound of ground beef with 5 pounds of venison recently and have been trying all sorts of things to make it taste less like deer and more like cow. So far the best solution is insane portions of ketchup, but the apple vinegar and   Worcestershire sauce I mixed into when it was all a single meaty mass helped a bit too. Honestly if I wasn't on a diet I'd just lay on the salt.

#11 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
"That's pretty good. I mixed a pound of ground beef with 5 pounds of venison recently and have been trying all sorts of things to make it taste less like deer and more like cow. So far the best solution is insane portions of ketchup, but the apple vinegar and   Worcestershire sauce I mixed into when it was all a single meaty mass helped a bit too. Honestly if I wasn't on a diet I'd just lay on the salt. "

I think the best way to make it taste like cow is make it all cow. Otherwise, I'm not sure how to make it taste more like cow. Cattle blood?
#12 Posted by HT101 (1157 posts) -

I really have enjoyed it when a fried egg is on top of the burger.  Add some cheddar cheese and bacon and you have, IMO, a very near perfect burger.  I'd say try adding some fajita seasoning to it as well.

#13 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

Hmm....

#14 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@HT101 said:
"I really have enjoyed it when a fried egg is on top of the burger.  Add some cheddar cheese and bacon and you have, IMO, a very near perfect burger.  I'd say try adding some fajita seasoning to it as well. "

Not a big fan of eggs, but the rest for sure sounds good.
#15 Edited by jakob187 (21675 posts) -

Best stuff in the world is incoming: 

Ground beef (85/15) 
BBQ sauce (mix in 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce per patty) 
Montreal Steak Seasoning (two pinches per patty) 
Fresh grounded garlic cloves (one pinch per patty)

Cook on BBQ grill with mesquite wood to medium well-done 

Halfway through cooking, spritz with lemon 

I guarantee that you'll never have a tastier burger in your entire fucking life!

#16 Posted by teh_destroyer (3567 posts) -

pics or it didn't happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.