Meatless Burgers

#1 Posted by valtallica (10 posts) -

They count!!
According to my limited...very limited research,  Boca Burgers are the best tasting meatless burgers I've found.

#2 Posted by Bobdaman18 (700 posts) -

I don't care what you say, that will never be true.
#3 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Meatless burgers are blasphemy, and I won't stand for it. 

#4 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5289 posts) -

While Boca burgers are certainly good....there is no way in hell it will ever count for the real thing....sorry, but that's how it is.

#5 Posted by DukesT3 (1941 posts) -

Meatless? wait what?! How... then what the hell is it?! babies?!!??! 

oooooh lawd!!!

#6 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested)." 

This would make you wrong.

#7 Posted by chronicsmoke (999 posts) -

Boca=Caca

#8 Posted by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Meatless burgers are not burgers,
While some of them (very few) can be really good, They are a sandwich not a burger.

#9 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Nut burgers, garden burgers (pea/corn/rice/garlic/etc), and tempeh burgers aren't bad, but they're no substitute for hamburgers in any way. 

Soy burgers are no good at all, though. You might as well carve a small circular piece off someone's tire, microwave it, and stick it in a bun.
#10 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Somebody chose the exact same avatar as me. Weird. I hope it's just a coincidence.  

As for the topic, "meatless burgers" is practically an oxymoron. 

#11 Posted by ISuperGamerI (1880 posts) -
@Geno said:
" Somebody chose the exact same avatar as me. Weird. I hope it's just a coincidence.   As for the topic, "meatless burgers" is practically an oxymoron.  "
Lol that made me laugh and when I think of a hamburger, I think of meat and bread and/or a bun.
#12 Posted by lazyartist (61 posts) -

meatless burgers? what treachery is this?!

#13 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

You should be banned for this heresy!

#14 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

Veggie burgers taste like cardboard. Many of the graduate students in my program eat them. They taste like shit.

#15 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

why would you shape a vegetarian item like a meat product? that's just straight weird, yo!

#16 Posted by HT101 (1165 posts) -
@valtallica:   Meatless and burgers should never be placed in the same sentence, let along right next to each other.  I am a truth sayer and I just dropped a truth bomb on your head sir. 
#17 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" Meatless burgers are blasphemy, and I won't stand for it.  "
#18 Posted by EdIsCool (1122 posts) -
@Jayzilla said:
" why would you shape a vegetarian item like a meat product? that's just straight weird, yo! "
Humans like the taste of meat, I used to eat them a bit. I can have a meat like taste and not be a callous fucktard, awesome! 
the chicken ones are better than the beef. You could if you think about it too much be reminded that a lot of idiots get a better version of this taste by killing animals. 

Most vegatarians are not saints i.e some may wear leather shoes or eat fish.These people are worse than meat eaters.
#19 Edited by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

It's called a burger because of the hamburger.  Therefore no meat, no burger.  You're eating a sandwich.

@EdIsCool said:

" @Jayzilla said:
" why would you shape a vegetarian item like a meat product? that's just straight weird, yo! "
Humans like the taste of meat, I used to eat them a bit. I can have a meat like taste and not be a callous fucktard, awesome! the chicken ones are better than the beef. You could if you think about it too much be reminded that a lot of idiots get a better version of this taste by killing animals.  Most vegatarians are not saints i.e some may wear leather shoes or eat fish.These people are worse than meat eaters. "

I also ate an 8 oz steak last night.  It was so fucking delicious, I might have another every night for the rest of the week.
#20 Posted by TheDuke (231 posts) -

how do you make an actual burger without meat
i feel helpless now
if this is happening what else is happening that we don't know

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.