Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

Santa Clara County wants to ban kids meal toys

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By JDUB_XL
    http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-happy-meals-20100427,0,6290206.story?page=1     

Personally, I think this is pretty over kill. Parents should be allowed to be parents and use their own discretion on whether or not to allow their children to have a damn happy meal and get a toy. McDonalds and other places even offer healthy solutions in their happy meals like Apple slices and Milk instead of frys and sodas. This is where our tax money goes.
    TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By TheMasterDS

I think whenever I wanted to eat at McDonald's as a kid it was always because of the toy. Course then the toys were pretty rad back then, unlike today. Still though, basing it on calories seems dumb. Couldn't they just cut the meal in half, or even into components, selling all parts separately with as many toys for which there are parts which combine into one? That would probably be pretty effective, and would give them cause to say "Yo, we reduced the calorie count." 

I don't think being fat is a problem. I expect one day my eating whatever I feel like and exercising will eventually catch up to me and make me very fat. It hasn't yet though. When it does happen, how do I know I won't be able to just strap myself into a robot suit? They're making that shit for old people now, in 10 years surely it'll become something marketed to those who would like super strength but don't want to work out.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

F that, dude! You'd think a town with a name similar to Santa Claus would actually care about the children. Shame on them!

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By apathylad

I fail to see how taking away the toys will somehow promote kids to eat healthier. Fast food tastes GOOD, cheap, and easy to find. I think those are bigger factors, just like how candy and sweets are always easier to reach in grocery stores than fruits and vegetables.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hot_Karl

Happy meal toys are stupid now. Remember when they were giving away Sonic LCD games? I seriously went to multiple McDonald's to go and collect them all. I lost most of them, but I absolutely did not regret buying happy meals, not one bit.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @Apathylad: Chocolate at the top fruity on the bottom.
    JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By JDUB_XL
    @VinceNotVance said:
    " Happy meal toys are stupid now. Remember when they were giving away Sonic LCD games? I seriously went to multiple McDonald's to go and collect them all. I lost most of them, but I absolutely did not regret buying happy meals, not one bit. "
    Haha, I got all those too. FIST BUMP!
    sickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sickVisionz

My cousin told me about this and I have to say that this is utter horse feces.  I remember going to fast food places as a kid and getting a good meal and a toy.  That was like the best day ever.  Why rob that from a child?  Are these politicians that hateful towards children that they want to destroy any happiness they can possibly have?  Toys + Food = Win.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By OneManX
    @JDUB_XL said:
    " @VinceNotVance said:
    " Happy meal toys are stupid now. Remember when they were giving away Sonic LCD games? I seriously went to multiple McDonald's to go and collect them all. I lost most of them, but I absolutely did not regret buying happy meals, not one bit. "
    Haha, I got all those too. FIST BUMP! "
    This x 1 million

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.