Strangest topping you've had on a burger

#1 Posted by yevinorion (698 posts) -

Now this can be a condiment or an actual topping, so lets hear em and let us know if it was gross or just sounded gross. :P

For me, probably would be Pastrami. Not sure why it was there, but damn it was tasty. I've seen a burger with peanut butter on it, but I wasn't brave enough to try it.

#2 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1115 posts) -

Only fries. I don't experiment with burgers much. Wouldn't want to ruin a good thing.

#3 Edited by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -
@yevinorion: I'd try a turkey burger with peanut butter.  A lot of Thai food mixes chicken and peanuts together so that might be pretty good.  Not sure about beef though.

I've had a lot of topping but all of them seem pretty standard.  I guess the strangest would be crumbled bleu cheese. 

@TheSilentTruth said:

" Only fries. I don't experiment with burgers much. Wouldn't want to ruin a good thing. "

Your avy = Nyuu/Lucy right?
#4 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Oh boy, I had a burger in Vegas that had STEAK on it. Yes, its true, my mind imploded at first as well.

#5 Posted by SoftButtCheeks (145 posts) -

Hummus & maybe jizz

#6 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1115 posts) -
@sickVisionz said:
@TheSilentTruth said:

" Only fries. I don't experiment with burgers much. Wouldn't want to ruin a good thing. "

Your avy = Nyuu/Lucy right? "
Yup.
#7 Posted by cancerdancer (314 posts) -

Cherry Cricket here in Denver is famous for cream cheese and freshly diced jalapenos. Best fucking burger I've ever had!

#8 Posted by KnifeySpoony (1164 posts) -

Probably pineapple. Believe I had mushrooms once as well.

#9 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

in new zealand i had a burger from fergburger called the bun laden, that had falafel patties, dressed with a lemon yoghurt and a chipotle chili sauce, avocado, aioli and all the trimmings in it. 

it wasn't very nice, but i tried some others and fergburgers are the best burger chain in the entire world.

#10 Posted by MonetaryDread (2033 posts) -

a half pound of fried cheeze

#11 Posted by Spoonman671 (4637 posts) -

I know TGIF used to have the cheesy bacon cheeseburger which has mozzarella sticks on it.  Not really strange, but it was delicious.

#12 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

Beetroot, I guess? My Dad actually likes it on his as do a few people down here but I never really understood why.
I've had pineapple in a burger before which was strange too. A fried egg might be considered strange as well but I actually like that one from time to time.

#13 Posted by dudeglove (7854 posts) -

Beetroot and cheese on a beef burger. It works surprisingly well.

#14 Posted by Spoonybard37 (300 posts) -
@cancerdancer said:
" Cherry Cricket here in Denver is famous for cream cheese and freshly diced jalapenos. Best fucking burger I've ever had! "
I live in Denver and I must say even though i've never heard of Cherry Cricket that sounds like it could be good.
#15 Posted by ShadowofIntent (288 posts) -

The most epic hamburger topping i've ever had would have to be a chicken burger  in the form of the McGangBang

#16 Posted by Vextroid (1404 posts) -

A Pineapple. It doesn't work IMO. Especially if its cold. Its a sharp contrast to the warm/hot burger. Pineapple is passable on a pizza but not in a burger.

#17 Posted by SneakyPenguins (242 posts) -

peanut butter

#18 Posted by ScubaStoobie (135 posts) -

Here's a surprise probably, I've never had a hamburger or a cheeseburger or any variation.

#19 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5256 posts) -

Pineapple, peanut butter, and teriyaki sauce. It was this small diner in Menomonie, WI and on the menu was the "Yuck Burger" It was really damn good, the pineapple was grilled, and it was a peanut butter/sauce blend.

#20 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6197 posts) -

Vinegar.  I experiment a lot with burgers, and this was probably the strangest idea for a topping I've had.  It wasn't bad, but a little splash of Italian dressing is quite a bit better.  You can make a pretty damn good sauce for burgers using vinegar, mayo, and dill relish mixed well. 

I'm also really fond of grilling burgers with a little bit of Louisana wing sauce at about the same time you'd normally add cheese.  It gets me some strange looks, but honestly, it's amazing, especially with a pineapple ring or the usual condiments. 

I'd love to try the afore-mentioned cream cheese and jalepeno burger.  That would be right up my alley.
#21 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Sweet n' Sour sauce.  A surprisingly good combination.

#22 Posted by mshaw006 (550 posts) -

Foie gras. Delicious.

#23 Posted by Tearhead (2168 posts) -

Pineapple, I guess, but it was tasty. In my mind, the strangest burger topping is mayonnaise, because fuck mayonnaise.

#24 Posted by Nentisys (892 posts) -

I like pineapple on my hamburgers.

#25 Posted by DillonWerner (1528 posts) -

Eggs

#26 Posted by nickux (1385 posts) -

Hmm, nothing too exotic but a fried egg is always a good choice but I guess it's getting more commonplace now. 

#27 Posted by enemymouse (333 posts) -

Avacado

#28 Posted by JP_Russell (1171 posts) -

I have never eaten a burger with anything more than just ketchup on it (I've bitten into such burgers, but never proceeded to swallow any of it).  So ketchup kind of is by default.

#29 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

A fried egg and it was delicious.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Never had anything that strange but the most adventurous was probably an avocado. 

#31 Edited by Undeadpool (4942 posts) -

Burgermeister near where I live has a Tropical Burger on which they put pineapple and mango salsa. It's actually a little underwhelming, sadly. They also have a teriyaki burger that's much better, but I'm definitely gonna have to try that cream cheese/jalepeno pepper one. That sounds incredible.

#32 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

The weirdest topping I have ever had on a burger was an egg, and It was quite delicious.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.