Stuffed Burger Patties

#1 Posted by Banggoo (114 posts) -

What are your opinions on burger patty stuffing and why isn't it more prolific than turkey stuffing?

#2 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Holy Shit O_o. That looks amazing. Looks like I'm attempting this later tonight.

#3 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I can only say that burger patties stuffed with the right ingredients are absolutely delicious.

#4 Posted by drag (1223 posts) -

they're a bit dense but i'm down with the idea

#5 Posted by OldManLollipop (306 posts) -

I like the idea, I've only had one or two stuffed patties in my lifetime though. But they were good as I recall.

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

They're hard to stuff without ending up with balls or having them fall apart.

#7 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I've seen them at a few grocery stores, but I haven't tried them yet. I might grill a few this weekend.

#8 Posted by Cupids_Hitman (164 posts) -

Juicy Lucy ftw.

#9 Posted by StarvingGamer (8378 posts) -

I'd rather have a nice thick patty so I can get a really good medium-rare going and put all the extra shit on top.

#10 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@Banggoo: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG That looks so delicious, every single thing about it. The cheese oozing out, the right size of meat, the toasted bun, the waffle fries. I immediately got hungry looking at that picture, and I just ate about 2 hours ago.

I'm down with burger stuffing, but I never actually eat any. I see burgers with the patty becoming a mixture of spices & cheeses, but never cheese (or stuffing) inside the patty's core.
#11 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -
#12 Posted by gbpackers94 (116 posts) -
#13 Posted by CashBailey (805 posts) -

Any cheese that yellow cannot possibly be any good for you.

#14 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

I'd like to die with that inside of me.

#15 Posted by ZmillA (2273 posts) -
@CashBailey said:
" Any cheese that yellow cannot possibly be any good for you. "
looks like a basic cheddar to me.
#16 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

I'd rather just have an entire patty instead of one that's hollowed out to put stuff in that I can just place on top without any problems. That said, I'll eat me a stuffed burger.

#17 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

I personally prefer the ingredients to be ground into the beef, onions, peppers, cheese, whatever. That way a huge glop of hot cheese doesn't squirt in your face. But that does look pretty great!

#18 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

I've never had a stuffed burger patty, but it sounds pretty awesome.

#19 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Stuffed burger patties are amazingly delicious. Especially if it's a cheese/bacon mixture.

#20 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

I've seen it done before, pretty good.

#21 Posted by npeterson08 (502 posts) -

Juicy Lucy. They're okay. Surprisingly, double the cheese doesn't make much of a difference.

#22 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Doesn't seem like a bad idea. The avocado got me the most excited in that pic though.

#23 Posted by ZmillA (2273 posts) -

more like stuffed into my mouf

#24 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -

That looks good! Was it pre-made, or did you make that? It's wonderfully constructed.  You sir have a gift from the burger gods!

3 other tasty ones to try....

1. ( bleu cheese/ butter / bacon stuffed)
2   (Sharp cheddar/ jalapenos/creamcheese/bacon)   -finely shredded, and can either be made into a ball which you can build around with meat, or you can work it into the raw hamburger.. whichever is preferred-
3.  (BBQ sauce/jalapeno/pineapple/onion/bacon) (each of the ingredients just need a tish, and if you grate it fine enough into almost a powder like substance, you can ball it.. and top with BBQ to "marinade" then build your burger around it or work it in.

#25 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -
@bukkookkub said:
That looks good! Was it pre-made, or did you make that? It's wonderfully constructed.  You sir have a gift from the burger gods! 3 other tasty ones to try....1. ( bleu cheese/ butter / bacon stuffed)2   (Sharp cheddar/ jalapenos/creamcheese/bacon)   -finely shredded, and can either be made into a ball which you can build around with meat, or you can work it into the raw hamburger.. whichever is preferred- 3.  (BBQ sauce/jalapeno/pineapple/onion/bacon) (each of the ingredients just need a tish, and if you grate it fine enough into almost a powder like substance, you can ball it.. and top with BBQ to "marinade" then build your burger around it or work it in.
That all sounds really delicious...oof...
#26 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

Stuffed burger patties sounds kind of gross.  Never had one before but...you know, still.

#27 Posted by FesteringNeon (2164 posts) -
@JasonR86 said:
Stuffed burger patties sounds kind of gross.  Never had one before but...you know, still.
I've never had any that were pre-made to my knowledge (maybe a pizza burger) but.. If you make your own, it adds a kick and is a good way to score some brownie points with the ladies over just a traditional burger.
#28 Posted by fox01313 (5081 posts) -

Frankly I prefer the unstuffed burgers with the toppings on it. Nothing really against the idea of the stuffed burgers, just you can't really put too much in there & have it stay together & when you prefer the burgers simple (like me where the ideal one is ketchup, mayo, worchester (sp?) sauce, various cheeses & bacon, maybe lettuce) then the idea of stuffed burgers is a little too much work giving the same result.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.