The Most Expensive Hamburger In The World

#1 Posted by Oddysee (21 posts) -

A while ago Burger King started a promotion that consisted of selling the world's most expensive hamburger.  The hamburger cost a whopping (pun intended) £95 (around $185) and consisted of a flame grilled Wagyu beef patty topped with champagne onions and white truffles in a saffron and truffle bun.

Did anyone here actually try one?  If so, what did it taste like?  At that price it should have tasted in heaven in a bun!

#2 Posted by legend_cloud (359 posts) -

Never heard of this but must be one good burger >_>

#3 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

I remember this but never got to try one, £95 is just waaay to expensive for a burger. I wouldn't pay that much for a restraunt 3 course meal...

#4 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I never heard of it.

#5 Posted by Oddysee (21 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"There is no way in a £95  burger is the most expensive in the world. In Japan and the U.S you can get far more expensive burgers at the finest restaurants.

I have tasted wagyu beef before but only in a steak
"

The burgers you are talking come with a really expensive bottle of wine or champagne.  Thats where the price comes from, not the burger itself.
#6 Posted by Mute (7 posts) -

Seems like hamburgers are becoming a very popular topic on this website

#7 Posted by MissileWarriorz (264 posts) -

wow never heard of that hamburger 

#8 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

i heard about that a while back, doesn't look worth it.

#9 Posted by Spencer (252 posts) -

I'm not sure if I would put that much trust into Burger King for making a hamburger THAT amazing... but I would love to try it.

#10 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

Kobe beef (spelling?) up a hamburger...

tasty and expensive.

#11 Posted by svcheats1 (141 posts) -

What's so special about Wagyu Beef???

#12 Posted by Oddysee (21 posts) -
svcheats1 said:
"What's so special about Wagyu Beef???
"

Well Wagyu beef comes from Japan.  The cows are fed beer to give the beef a unique flavour and also massaged to give the meat perfect marbling.
#13 Posted by x3ar (236 posts) -

did you see the 5000 dollar burger thread yet?

#14 Posted by Oddysee (21 posts) -
x3ar said:
"did you see the 5000 dollar burger thread yet?
"

Yep I did actually.  However, the TC mentioned that the burger comes with a very expensive bottle of wine.  So essentially, you're paying for the wine, not the burger.
#15 Posted by Batman (1016 posts) -

I don't think that ever came to America, but if it did I would so buy one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.