What horrible food abomination is worse, the Windows 7 Burger, or KFC's Double Down Sandwich?

• 63 results
#1 Posted by RiddleBrother (511 posts) -
#2 Posted by RiddleBrother (511 posts) -

For those who don't know, the KFC Double Down is a KFC fried chicken sandwich... with pieces of chicken where the bread should go. Proof is here http://www.epicportions.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kfc-doubledown1.jpg and here http://sweettater.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/kfc-doubledown4.jpg

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

I haven't heard of either. Pictures?

#4 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

All the double down is two pieces of chicken with cheese and bacon.  The windows 7 burger is a fucking freak of nature.

#5 Posted by Shifty_Mcfly (210 posts) -

In that video of CheapyD eating the Windows 7 burger showed that it's very... juicy.

#6 Posted by Delta_Ass (3246 posts) -

I'd go with the Double Down. The Windows 7 burger is just a burger with more patties then usual. But the Double Down... that thing scares me. Man was not meant to substitute bread with chicken

#7 Posted by ThisIsTheEnd89 (31 posts) -

The windows 7 burger.oh man   imagine just digesting that burger my ass would bleed.

#8 Posted by raggedglory (216 posts) -

Im going with the Windows burger just because its a stupid promotion.  "Man, that burger looks rad, I guess Ill change my operating system."  While the concept of the double down is retarded, at least its not the Snow Leopard Sandwich.

#9 Edited by Bigbombomb (677 posts) -

Some pictures:

Wacky Windos 7 Whopper

Double Down Disgusting

Although both of them are horrible; the Double Down is more of a abomination. I love chicken and bacon, but both shouldn't be in the same, "food item".

Edit: Let me re-word that using chicken as a substitute for buns sounds disgusting. Eww...
#10 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -
@Bigbombomb said:
"  
Some pictures:

Wacky Windos 7 Whopper

Double Down Disgusting
              Although both of them are horrible; the Double Down is more of a abomination. I love chicken and bacon, but both shouldn't be in the same, "food item". "
Chicken club dude, they are ok if done right.
#11 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

I want them both.

#12 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

I want both, but that KFC sandwich is gonna take some mental preparation.

#13 Edited by Storphrax (186 posts) -

The Double Down actually looks revolting, while the Windows 7 Whopper looks pretty good. I'd hate to see how many calories that burger has though...

#14 Posted by juanvaldes (181 posts) -

Double Down. the windows burger is just like a 7x7 from In-N-Out.

#15 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@Bigbombomb said:
"  
Some pictures:

Wacky Windos 7 Whopper

Double Down Disgusting
              Although both of them are horrible; the Double Down is more of a abomination. I love chicken and bacon, but both shouldn't be in the same, "food item". "
yeah, i mean if cordon bleu grosses me out, that thing straight up scares me. its got something from a chicken, something from a pig, and something from a cow all on top of each other. 
#16 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

microsoft should try to get burger king to invent a 360 burger. o_0

#17 Posted by ZombiePie (5556 posts) -

The Windows 7 burger is better, because when I'm trying to advertise for an operating system that's sleek and more reliable I want to use a bulky, unwieldy, piece of processed meat that ends up making me feel bloated to make that point.

#18 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

They're both from the fastfood article, so they both gross me out.

#19 Posted by kitsune_conundrum (1202 posts) -
@TwoOneFive: a perfect sphere of meat? not quite cooked enough at the centre though.
#20 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

Dude, the Double Down Burger looks horrible.

#21 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

Well their both ridiculous in different ways but I think the worst one for me has to be the double down. At least the Windows 7 burger is actually a burger, the double down truly is an abomination.

#22 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

all I can say is that I want one of each.
#23 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2449 posts) -
@Shifty_Mcfly said:

" In that video of CheapyD eating the Windows 7 burger showed that it's very... juicy. "

It's groce. I love the Japanese dude in the suit-suit quietly eating it in the corner.
#24 Posted by RiddleBrother (511 posts) -
Here's an article in which some one describes eating a double down. Also, he looks a LOT like cheapy d.
#25 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2449 posts) -
@RiddleBrother said:
" Here's an article in which some one describes eating a double down. Also, he looks a LOT like cheapy d. "
Ewww …
#26 Edited by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

I wouldn't even eat the Double Down like a sandwich. I'd probably eat it with a knife and fork.

I think the 7 burger is worse.

#27 Posted by Bigbombomb (677 posts) -
@Valames: A chicken club is good because It uses bread as its buns.
@TwoOneFive: Ewww!! Mixing food!!
#28 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I like BurgerKing a lot so I'd actually like a Windows 7 Burger despite the vase quantities of meat in it.

#29 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

that KFC one 
fucking ew 

#30 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

It's only an abomination of food if it came from the body of a human as far as I'm concerned. So, while I will readily acknowledge that these things are gross, I wouldn't call either of them "abominable".

#31 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

The Windows 7 burger looks more organized  and like an actual burger, the Double Down looks like a  disgusting mess.  I wouldn't eat either but the Double Down is the worse one in my opinion

#32 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -
@Resident4t: agreed that double down looks like it was made without a soul or something
#33 Posted by KING_CANVAS (30 posts) -

The Windows 7 Whooper....

wonder why they call it that,its as big as a computer?

#34 Posted by agentboolen (1749 posts) -

I love burgers and would try that just once, but yea I'm betting 3 of them will equal a instant heart attack.

#35 Posted by TooWalrus (13127 posts) -

The windows burger is fine, just big. That chicken thing, on the other hand...

#36 Posted by HT101 (1151 posts) -

When I first read about the Double Down here I didn't think it would be that bad.  But after reading that article, I have to agree that the Double Down is the worse food abomination.

#37 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

Have to go with KFC. Burger King is simply more patties, but KFC not only made an abomination to health everywhere but was "creative" with it as well. Replacing the bread with more chicken is hilarious and grotesque at the same time. I'll give it to Burger King if they replace their buns with edible plastic bags filled with mayonaise.

#38 Edited by Dethfish (3618 posts) -

Looking at that Windows 7 Whopper makes me hungry but that KFC one looks fucking nasty. How much of a pig do you need to be to think substituting the buns for more chicken is a good idea? Actually, having a burger with 7 patties isn't much better, is it? I'd buy a Windows 7 burger and then go to the store and buy a pack of hamburger buns. I'd make that burger last me 3 days. Those aren't available in America though, are they?

#39 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

Do all KFC locations have the double down?  I tried to get one when we first learned of it but they didn't have it yet.  Windows 7 gets my vote...7 pieces of meat!

#40 Posted by regularassmilk (1375 posts) -

The Windows 7 Burger, that type of meat in those sandwiches isn't meant for that kind of consumption. It just wouldn't taste good.

#41 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

That KFC thing looks like a monster that turned out Horribly, Horribly wrong!

#42 Posted by Death_Burnout (3792 posts) -

I dont know what you're talking about, the double down looks reasonably alright, the Windows 7 is clearly the most...self destructing...well,  maybe not i dunno, i fully understand the argument that it's better organized.

I did see that Cheap Ass Gamer video last week, and holy shit...it was the grease dripping off that ruined me. the Japanese dude in the corner was hilarious yeah.

#43 Posted by DeadMonkeys (821 posts) -

(Heart attack joke)

#44 Posted by DRooPZ (82 posts) -

that double down looks really disgusting ill take the whopper

#45 Posted by Tebbit (4447 posts) -

This is why Americans are fat and the Japanese have crazy test-your-might television shows.

#46 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" This is why Americans are fat and the Japanese have crazy test-your-might television shows. "
Oh yeah? Well when the nuclear winter comes round, guess whose gonna survive the harsh cold. >: )
#47 Posted by Tebbit (4447 posts) -
@Bones8677 said:
" @Tebbit said:
" This is why Americans are fat and the Japanese have crazy test-your-might television shows. "
Oh yeah? Well when the nuclear winter comes round, guess whose gonna survive the harsh cold. >: ) "
Yes, the obese and the Japanese... Damn!  
I guess it's time for me to take up the ultimate daily routine: Burger King Pilates.
#48 Posted by Bones8677 (3208 posts) -
@Tebbit said:
" @Bones8677 said:
" @Tebbit said:
Oh yeah? Well when the nuclear winter comes round, guess whose gonna survive the harsh cold. >: ) "
Yes, the obese and the Japanese... Damn!  I guess it's time for me to take up the ultimate daily routine: Burger King Pilates. "
Now you're gettin' it.
#49 Posted by Shirogane (3562 posts) -

The windows 7 looks more insane to try to eat than the double down. 
If you consider the double down as not a burger,and just chicken, it isn't nearly quite as bad. Not QUITE as bad, still bad though. 
I had the idea of making a burger with meat subtituted for the buns a few days ago, didn't think someone actually did it though, and i thought i was crazy.
#50 Posted by Ghostiet (5208 posts) -

You guys should REALLY see Heart Attack Grill.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.