Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hamburger

Object » linked to 362 games

A hamburger is a hunk of ground beef served between two pieces of bun-configured bread. Hamburgers are often served with a variety of toppings and condiments. It is named for the region in which it was invented, not for the kind of meat (as is often mistakenly suggested).

What is the best hamburger place in the Midwest?

Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Balls

I like to eat hamburgers and would like to eat the best one that I can find in the Midwest. What do you guys think? It can be a chain or a local place. Just whatever you think is the best place. Also, you should describe why you like the burger so that I can tell if I would like it or not. My favorite burger currently is the Classic Triple at Wendy's. I think it is the best burger because it is 3/4 lb burger. How many burgers are like that? The quarter pounder and Big Mac at Mc Donalds is not even as big but is more popular for some reason. What do you guys think?

lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By lebkin

My personal favorite is a local place: the Farmer's Home Tavern, in the tiny town of Hemlock, MI (Hemlock is near Midland and Saginaw, about 20 min. west of I-75).  Its an absolutely huge, thick burger.  If you're a fan of the 3/4 lb Classic Triple, this will be right up your alley.  Definitely worth checking out.

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Jimbo7676
    Braum's burgers are always good. Get some fries, a chocolate malt, and a cheeseburger and you're set.
    Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bullet_Jr
    Steven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Steven

Hm, I've never had a wendy's burger.  That sounds worth checking out.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Bob's Bar in Iowa - i"ll get you a town name when I can find it.  You can buy one of the biggest damn hamburgers for about three or four bucks, and a gigantic plate of fried cheese balls for another five or six.  I can't promise your heart won't explode, but it's definitely the best burger I've ever had.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Shadow

Kid Valley....too bad their prices are EXPEN$IVE

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By DXSSI

My favorite fast food style burger is at Culver's—there are a ton of them in Wisconsin and plenty throughout the rest of the Midwest.  If it's 3/4 pounds you want; they've got triples on the menu.  They're fresher and taste way better than Wendy's, IMO.

I like going to GameWorks when I get the chance, even though the nearest one to me is in Illinois.  The burgers aren't anything really special but they're not half bad, and assuming you like arcade games; you can buy twenty dollars of game time and as a bonus, get a 1 lb. burger with fries for just $4.

BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By BiG_Weasel

I second Culver's. The butter burger is where it's at. We got to Chicagoland to see my in-laws, and getting a burger there with some cheese curds is the stuff.

04JETTA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 04JETTA

1. Wendys
    2. BK
    3. MCD
    4.Culver's
    5. DQ
    these are just my favs

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

There this place called The Rocket by where i work. There burgers are huge and ever so juicy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm in WI, and there's these badass local places called Kopps and Oscars that offer amazing burgers.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

If you're feeling dangerous, I recommend White Castle.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By slax

Fast food hamburgers i'd go with Steak and Shake. That place is delicious. Sit down place? I don't know.

Phaazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Phaazon

Red Robin is by far one of my favorite places to eat.  The first time I went there I almost suffocated while deep throating a delicious burger.  You also get bottomless steak fries with your meal, which is a big plus in my book.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hatking

What the hell is wrong with you people?  Wendy's?  Burger King?  McDonald's?  Do you have functioning taste buds?  Those places are all very generic and none of them should ever be considered somebody's favorite burger.  Your small chains, local joints, and stuff of that sort are going to be your best bet.  Try Portillo's, the best "fast food" in Illinois.  They're Chicago based, and there are plenty of them in that area, you might be able to find them in other regions too, check their website.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.