White Castle

• 57 results
#1 Posted by LADIESMAN217 (23 posts) -

Who here enjoys some fresh White Castle?

I would, but I live in Florida, and all we have is Krystals, which is meh.

Oh American midwest, stop making me jealous. =(

#2 Posted by randiolo (1094 posts) -

whats a white castle...

#3 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

Have White Castle in NYC as well. Its vastly superior to Krystals. Lived in FL for 2 years and had Krystals a few times and always wished i t was White Castle.

#4 Posted by Matt_ (337 posts) -

Only have the frozen kind where I'm from so I have never had a fresh one. The frozen ones are okay for a frozen product.

#5 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

White Castle is something that sounds like a great idea like once every four months.

#6 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

More like once or twice a day. Nah more like once a month is when I usually go. In fact had it last week.

#7 Posted by ShadowSaber_806 (39 posts) -

Man, I live in southern ontario, canada. No one up here even knows what a slider is. I gotta drive to michigan every once and a while to grab me a piece of that greasy heaven... I miss white castle

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I've never been.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

Tight Asshole?  What?  Sorry, but that's what their burgers taste like...

#10 Posted by MrPerfect (436 posts) -

Unfortunately for me I do not have one where I live, if Im ever in a state that has one I plan on buying me a burger from there.

#11 Posted by DECA555 (400 posts) -

damn good bugers 

#12 Posted by pissedoffthewitch (516 posts) -

Sure are small burgers

#13 Posted by Azteris (810 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Tight Asshole?  What?  Sorry, but that's what their burgers taste like... "
I'm glad your an expert on the difference in taste between tight and loose asshole.
#14 Posted by Pakorn (183 posts) -
@pissedoffthewitch said:
" Sure are small burgers "
That's why you get a case of 30 for like 12 bucks. 
#15 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

D:

#16 Posted by Drrizzit (111 posts) -

i wish we had one in texas too. damn it

#17 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

after watching Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle i definetely wanna go to america only to taste those burgers

#18 Posted by Jared (559 posts) -

Oh man, there awesome, got one about five miles away, I can eat about 20 of them....just stay about 15 feet away an hour later due to the side effects.

#19 Posted by KME93 (206 posts) -

Go there every time I go to new york and all I have to say is that I have been to new york a lot

#20 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I love how the east coast has white castle and the west coast has in n out. I really wanna try authentic white castle sometime so I can personally compare it to in n out. I've had those frozen ones, but of course there's no possible way the frozen ones are as good as the real ones.

#21 Posted by regularassmilk (1433 posts) -

Lots of White Castle in michigan, they're uber delicious.

#22 Posted by Pakorn (183 posts) -
@suneku said:
" I love how the east coast has white castle and the west coast has in n out. I really wanna try authentic white castle sometime so I can personally compare it to in n out. I've had those frozen ones, but of course there's no possible way the frozen ones are as good as the real ones. "
Definitely apples to oranges there - In & Out is like a fine wine of fast food while White Castle is like 15 shots of bourbon. Both are totally awesome, and will fill you up, just in different ways.  
#23 Posted by TheEnd (87 posts) -

White Castle tastes good but I'm pretty sure the meat is like grade F junk just mushed together, rolled up in a ball, then flattened.

#24 Posted by GioVANNI (1288 posts) -

I don't know what either of those things are.

#25 Posted by atlantabrave04 (127 posts) -

Krystal > White Castle

#26 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -
@LADIESMAN217 said:
" Who here enjoys some fresh White Castle?I would, but I live in Florida, and all we have is Krystals, which is meh.Oh American midwest, stop making me jealous. =( "
Dude I know, Krystal's is like random meat on a dinner roll.
#27 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I;ve never eaten there but I've wanted to

#28 Posted by buzz_clik (6976 posts) -
@TheEnd said:
" White Castle tastes good but I'm pretty sure the meat is like grade F junk just mushed together, rolled up in a ball, then flattened. "
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I was so bummed I didn't get to try White Castle while I was in the US. I had to console myself with another trip to the In-N-Out.
#29 Posted by LiquidPrince (15969 posts) -

These guys like it so, you should too!
#30 Posted by skywing (1153 posts) -

I went to a white castle a few weeks ago, that food is pretty dam bad 
it smells strange and goes down even worse. 
I hate it.

#31 Posted by the_stig (234 posts) -

I love White Castle.  Luckily there is one about 5 minutes from my place and the only thing that I ever get is the Crave Case.

#32 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

Bring it to Canada!

#33 Posted by DRooPZ (82 posts) -

try these 
http://www.bigredkitchen.com/2009/06/white-castle-like-sliders-how-to.html

#34 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Kansas no longer has a White Castle, but I recently found these crazy awesome Microwaveable White Castle burgers at Walmart.  They taste exactly the same. 

Like, dude...  White castle at home.  Heck yes.

#35 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

I would love to have this in Toronto. In fact, I think I'm going to pick up a Big Mac combo now and watch the Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle Blu-ray...right...now!

#36 Posted by Delta_Ass (3280 posts) -

Krystal's is disgusting. The mustard overpowers the taste of the burger.

#37 Posted by Andorski (5331 posts) -

In N' Out >> White Castle.

#38 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -
@UnsolvedParadox said:
" I would love to have this in Toronto. In fact, I think I'm going to pick up a Big Mac combo now and watch the Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle Blu-ray...right...now! "
I did this, and while I imagine it doesn't compare to White Castle, it wasn't bad! In goes Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay...
#39 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5432 posts) -

White Castle is the most disgusting restaurant in the world. The smell of the burgers alone make me want to vomit.

#40 Posted by captain_clayman (3322 posts) -
@pissedoffthewitch said:
they're powerful in numbers. 

unfortunately i've never been to white castle...i've always wanted too though, and eat a shitload of burgers.
#41 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I never been to one but I would like to soon. I tried the frozen burgers and they were meh but the burgers are probably decent.

#42 Posted by joey (984 posts) -

dayum i love white castle
I take it for granted really, I forget that people don't have white castle near them.

#43 Posted by ThomasP (1657 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" after watching Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle i definetely wanna go to america only to taste those burgers "
@Pakorn said:
" @pissedoffthewitch said:
That's why you get a case of 30 for like 12 bucks.  "
Whoa! God bless America.
#44 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

I live about 3 blocks away from a White Castle, never ate there tho. Though when I was in Florida they had Whataburger, I hear those are pretty much similar in taste.
#45 Posted by Damien (1384 posts) -

White Castle is sooooo good.

#46 Posted by Sinatra (213 posts) -

I have had a frozen White Castle Burger from a vending machine but sadly I have never had a fresh one. 

#47 Posted by dlowe5 (6 posts) -

No White Castles or Krystals around southern Louisiana, but I have had some on a trip to Texas, and, yes, they are awesome.

#48 Posted by JauntyHat (324 posts) -

I get cravings once in awhile. Whenever I'm in Chicago I try to hit up a White Castle while i'm in town. The ones in Michigan or Indiana never seem to "get it right." 

10 Sandwhiches, 4 Fries, 2 Drinks for 12 bucks? Yes. Please.

#49 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I still want to go to White Castle, since I'm from California, and the closest one is hundreds of miles away. I'm pretty damn sure that it's no In-N-Out, but I want to rip through a ton of sliders and fries in record time. That sounds uber-awesome.

I also like those frozen White Castle hamburgers they sell in supermarkets, though I'm sure they're no substitute for the real thing.

#50 Edited by j_drace (353 posts) -

@VinceNotVance:  After seeing Harold & Kumar go to White Castle I've always wanted to go.  So for about a year I was planning a trip to White Castle.  Anyways the idea really took off and I really started planning and I found out that there is one about 2 hours from me in Cleveland, Ohio.  I live in Pittsburgh, and we really don't have many good fast food joints, but Primanti Bros. is god like.  Anyways one morning I decided to get the address got into my car punched it into the nav system and called my friend to tell him that we're going to White Castle.  We go to our local Rite Aid to buy a cooler, Ice, and a bunch of vitamin waters like the retards we are thinking that this is going to be a 10 hour trip.  We side tracked a few times on the way there and the nav wasn't completely accurate, but we made it.  Now for those of you who want to go there read this very carefully WHITE CASTLE IS BY FAR SOME OF THE WORST & WORST SMELLING FOOD I HAVE EVER EATEN IN MY LIFE, NOT EVEN THE FRIES WERE GOOD.  The people in there were strange as well.

As you can see by the look on my friend's place, they are disgusting.

Once again more White Castle shit, the microwavable ones taste way better and save you a drive to Cleveland, Ohio.

Now this is what a hamburger should look like, actually it's a Double King Burger from FATBURGER.  I has 2 beef patties, bacon, american cheese, cheddar cheese sauce, chili, eggs, mayo, onions, and a few other things.  It's also almost $20 with all of those extras, but it was good and I couldn't even finish it.  Too bad they closed down the only FATBURGER close to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.