Why no hamburgers in the future?

#1 Posted by Ockman (207 posts) -

Ever notice that games that take place in a future setting never seem to have hamburgers? I mean, unless it's a future setting where everyone is a health nut, I think hamburgers would be one thing that would always survive into the future, but there never is any.

#2 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

i think its because hamburgers dont fit in with all the modern stuff. when i think of hamburgers, i think of movies in the 50s where there were diners that served mostly hamburgers. or those 80s coke commercials where there were a lot of smexeh people at the beach barbecuing hamburgers and drinking coke. i think its just an aesthetic thing.

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Hamburgers eventually evolved and formed their own colonies in space

#4 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

well theyll find a way to advertise it to a changing market. also i think its just the way artists make the future out to be. different artists draw it out differently. i can imagine marcus and dom from gears sitting down to have a hamburger, but it would look out of place in mass effect. both are set in the future.

we'll just have to wait and see, but i think youre right, hamburgers will always be sold at the rate fast food chains are growing.

#5 Posted by HavQ (97 posts) -

Ah, hamburgers. Do not worry, for when there's grieving, there's Ronald MacDonald.
Besides, they're quite independent and smart.
I wouldn't be surprised if they DID form colonies in space.

#6 Edited by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

I bet you Too Human will feature a hamburger somewhere in the game.

#7 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

why would their be hamburgers in fps's?

#8 Posted by Blazin_Moe (38 posts) -

I believe noone has made a decent "Food Fight" FPS game yet, hamburgers would totally be involved.

#9 Posted by Wolverine (4281 posts) -

I think because it is just hard to have hamburgers in a video game unless there is a restaurant in the game.

#10 Posted by Kenzo287 (722 posts) -

we need a hamburger themed fps on the double...hmmm double fine maybe...

#11 Posted by Homer (1372 posts) -
Br3adfan said:
"Hamburgers eventually evolved and formed their own colonies in space"

Woah.
#12 Posted by dwarfzilla (170 posts) -
Thomas said:
"I bet you Too Human will feature a hamburger somewhere in the game.
"
It better have different tiers of hamburgers with different skill requirements and stat boosts.
#13 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Breakdown was a futuristic game.

#14 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -
Br3adfan said:
Exactly. Be afraid people. Be very afraid. O_O
#15 Posted by Vyse_Legends (417 posts) -
hazelnutman said:
"Br3adfan said:
Exactly. Be afraid people. Be very afraid. O_O"

Hamburgers are biting back!

Unless we bite first!
#16 Posted by AndrewGaspar (2419 posts) -

Because in a post apocalyptic society, all of the cows are dead.

#17 Posted by lord_canti (1522 posts) -

maby in the future the hamburger  is like a normal burger but the bun floats a inch above and below the burger but it has a real negitive effect on humans as in it trys to come out of the stomach  coz it floats and we cant go back to normal burgers coz we already converted  all the cows to hover cows so we just stop makeing them all together and the ginat bomb comunity screams NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  so loud the world splits into two distroying us all

now if u excuse me im gonna go sober up

#18 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

They ran out of cows because none went to Washington and lobbied. They do have Soylent Green though.

#19 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

In the future, animals are scarce. Hamburgers are rare... Scary times... Prepare yourself!

#20 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

They're too good, they can never go away.

#21 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

People don't need food in the future. They run on an injection of various vitamins in the morning that keeps them alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.