Thoughts?

#1 Posted by NinjaSquirrel (233 posts) -

What are your thoughts on the Hamtaro series of games and television shows? Do you love it? Hate it? Why?

#2 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

A+ everything

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
#4 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -
#5 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2342 posts) -

All I remember was the intro, and that was pretty sweet.

#6 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I was just thinking about Hamtaro yesterday... weird.

I remember watching this show a lot in middle school. I used to record it (on a VHS!) and watch it during my lunch break. I remember really liking it and I think it was probably one of the first anime series I had seen (some others being Pokemon, DBZ and what ever else YTV would air).

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (2987 posts) -

I remember not liking the TV show when it was on Toonami years ago.

#8 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

I remember avoiding it because it was too cutesy for my tastes. Other than that, I have no opinion on it.

#9 Posted by ripelivejam (3710 posts) -

most adorable shit and i feel guilty having ever watched it :\

hamsters irl are evil motherfuckers. rats>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hamsters, totally.

#10 Posted by awesomeusername (4167 posts) -

Oh man. I remember that cartoon. I used to watch it all the time.

#11 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

I watched it a couple times, I have no opinion on it cuz it passed the time away and I honestly don't remember anything at all about the show now.

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3857 posts) -

I vaguely remember the intro, though I don't think I ever saw an episode. It used to air after Pokemon or some other thing I watched. Something about little hamsters and big adventures right?

#13 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

that theme song is permanently burned in my brain

also it was pretty good for what it was

#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

I watched a little bit of the anime and I thought it was charming.

#15 Posted by tsiro (214 posts) -

@dungbootle: eff yeah, that game is rad. I haven't thought about it in years! My sister owned the game, but I ended up playing through pretty much the whole thing. Good times.

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (11792 posts) -

You know...This must be the first time I've even seen the word Hamtaro mentioned in over a decade =/

#17 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

@tsiro said:

@dungbootle: eff yeah, that game is rad. I haven't thought about it in years! My sister owned the game, but I ended up playing through pretty much the whole thing. Good times.

Haha, exact same situation as me. It was her game, but I ended up hogging it.

#18 Posted by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

Ham Ham Games was a really good game that desperately needed multiplayer.

#19 Posted by Aegon (5468 posts) -

As a child, I hated it.

AS A CHILD.

#20 Posted by audioBusting (1488 posts) -

I like Hamtaro! It's funnier and more self-aware than I would expect from a cutesy show like this.

#21 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

I made a video that was taken down from youtube that was the intro to Hamtaro set to "Everyday I'm Hustling" by Rick Ross the Boss. I thought it was fucking hilarious.

Everything is too god damn cute in that show. I always thought the head on profile and the side profile of the hamsters looked off. At the side they loose a lot of features and look like the letter P.

The first thing I think of when I think of how people have to translate anime from Japanese to English is Hamtaro. The girls name is Laura, LAURA. Japanese people aren't named Laura. Also that hick hamster having a country accent when in japan he probably had a Kansai accent.

Those are my thoughts on Hamtaro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.