Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Corps: Uprising

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 16, 2011

Developed by Arc System Works, Hard Corps: Uprising is the spiritual sequel to Contra: Hard Corps available as a downloadable game on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

The different characters

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By jessej07

I've only played as Bahamut so far, but I've seen people use the other girl (non-DLC) and then also Sayuri (DLC).  Sayuri doesn't have guns and only uses a sword to attack, holding it down I guess gives her a projectile as well.  Is Sayuri the only character that plays different?  Or do all the characters have other variations to them like jump height or something.  I'd like to try the others out but I'm hooked on leveling up Bahamut.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

It seems that way, yes. 
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

lol I didn't even know Sayuri could charge her sword. I guess turbo isn't always the best :p

I'd like to know the difference between Krystal and Bahamut. There's gotta be a difference since she starts with less health and in arcade mode that doesn't make a lot of sense.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By csl316

My buddy used Harley and had four hit points.  Didn't notice much of a difference besides that, except that he had some different unlocks available.  I had Speed Queen for Krystal, and he had something about toughness instead.

And Krystal vs. Bahamut, I think there's a minimal speed difference.  I think.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By buft

bahumut starts with the vault action chip while Krystal has the infinitely less useful ambush skill, i think there is some speed differences but for mw its unnoticable, i havn't tried any DLC characters yet.

Fastshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Fastshot

Currently playing through arcade mode with  Sayuri her sword own bosses makes the game alot easyier in coop if the other person has a gun

Kaineda77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Kaineda77
    @buft:  I might sound like an idiot, but what are these strange actions and do they have any relevance to arcade (what I've been playing so far)?
    buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By buft
    @Kaineda77: yeh what i mentioned was each character ability which is linked to the B button, bahumuts lets you vault over sandbags , barrels and things of that nature, Krystals ability lets you glide through small enemies and do a one bullet kill on the other side. although Krystals sounds better its hard to pull off especially in a crowded area where bahamuts will  let you manoeuvre quickly and has the added benefit of exploding barrels. 
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By lilbigsupermario

From what I noticed, Bahamut has a 3 hit points while Krystal just has 2.  Both Bahamut and Krystal and vault over boxes.  I think Bahamut moves slower.  And one significant difference is that Krystal can deflect bullets back to the enemy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.