Expansion Pack confirmed for Steam version...for free

#1 Edited by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

Flying Wild Hog confirmed on their Facebook page that the new levels and whatnot that are in the retail version of Hard Reset are coming to Steam as a update patch, and it will be free for anyone that has the game. Peeps had been wondering what the fuck was up with the extended version, well wonder no more.

Also, the game is part of the latst indy bundle on Indie Royale, if you dont own it yet (shame on you). good news all around, guess ill wait for the extended patch to play it.

#2 Posted by Forcen (1830 posts) -

Sweet! I was kinda worried that it might be paid.

I have held of playing the game since i got it from the Indie Royale Bundle just for this reason.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

:O That's awesome. I was expecting (and willing) to pay something for it. BTW, the game is great.

#4 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

Been playing it. It's fantastic. I just love the feel of the game.

#5 Posted by Forcen (1830 posts) -

What happened to this? It got delayed?

Their Facebook page mentions something called Hard Reset: Exile.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

@Forcen said:

What happened to this? It got delayed?

Their Facebook page mentions something called Hard Reset: Exile.

Yep, it's Hard Reset: Exile now; it will still be free, but there's no word on the Steam release date =(

#7 Edited by bybeach (4844 posts) -

Suprised me but Hard Reset, the Extended version is out on disc, at Amazon for say 29.00 dollars. I doubt Steam sees the extra stuff or this version for awhile, just a guess. I sort of understand.

#8 Edited by Forcen (1830 posts) -
#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11987 posts) -

@Forcen said:

Apparently its out now!

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8385/

Not sure how to install it yet.

Oh shit, finally! :D

You don't need to do anything to install it, it will just update the game automatically.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.