Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » appears in 41 games

Harleen Francis Quinzel is a former doctor at Arkham Asylum, and the Joker's accomplice and lover in the Batman universe. She is known for her Jester-like aesthetics, childish behaviour, and psychotic devotion to the Joker. She is best friends with Poison Ivy.

main villain in the next movie

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

ive hered a lot of things said about the plans for the next movie. one being  harley quinn being the main villain  in the next movie, this was the one that made me more excited than the others, altho most likely not true it makes be think how it would be done because she is a side kick mainly and due doHeath ledger's death it is unlikely that the joker will be in the next one. other rumers that i have hered is johny depp playing the riddler and cher to play catwoman ( can we please not talk about that one it depresses me)

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Dude, we don't know. Nobody has made any official news about anything yet. It is all just rumors. And if you make enough rumors, one of them must turn out to be true right?

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#3  Edited By Soap

there is no chance in hell cher will be playing catwoman, unless the idea of her story is meant to show her as an old haggid version of catwoman desperatly trying to keep her sexy style and failing. Johnny Depp as the Riddler would be pretty awesome, I can't even fake not being excited about the idea of that.

Oh well, only until 2011 to wait to find out... >_>

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Systech

Sorry, we have to talk about this: What the fuck? Cher?

Naoooooooooooooooo!
    Naoooooooooooooooo!
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By suneku

Harley isn't a character that can stand up by herself as a main villain, as a side villain I can see though.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Bane, Bane, Bane, Bane, Bane.

Oh yeah, and Bane.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush
    suneku said:
    "Harley isn't a character that can stand up by herself as a main villain, as a side villain I can see though."
    I agree with this 100% ...and I would love to see some female villains already. I would have no idea who to cast for those roles though.
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

I want to ask people a question. Let's say we do get a female villain in the next movie, would you care if she was a damn fine looking girl over an alright looking one?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By DualReaver

It should be Superman.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Systech
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "I want to ask people a question. Let's say we do get a female villain in the next movie, would you care if she was a damn fine looking girl over an alright looking one?"
    No, she needs to be damn fine. If it was a fat chick...
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kush
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "I want to ask people a question. Let's say we do get a female villain in the next movie, would you care if she was a damn fine looking girl over an alright looking one?"
    She needs to portray her character in the best way possible. I don't need some stick figure model to do that. I'd care more about whether she was a good actress as opposed to whether she's good looking.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Harley Quinn'll be in it, played by Helena Bonham Carter.

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

The Hoff as the Penguin, you heard it here first!
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lord_canti
    suneku said:
    "Harley isn't a character that can stand up by herself as a main villain, as a side villain I can see though."
    compleately true, but maby if poison ivy was one of the bad guys and harly was there as a partner or something to avenge joker its worth keeping a open mind to things
    Silverbucket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Silverbucket

She needs to be with the Joker, she can't be the main villain on her own.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bulldog19892

People, the next movie hasn't even been announced. Based on the information we have, you could say there won't even be a sequel. So stop talking about who the next villain in the next movie is going to be as if it's fact, because everything you're saying is nothing but speculation and ill-conceived rumors.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By giyanks22
    the_chojin99 said:
    "ive hered a lot of things said about the plans for the next movie. one being  harley quinn being the main villain  in the next movie, this was the one that made me more excited than the others, altho most likely not true it makes be think how it would be done because she is a side kick mainly and due doHeath ledger's death it is unlikely that the joker will be in the next one. other rumers that i have hered is johny depp playing the riddler and cher to play catwoman ( can we please not talk about that one it depresses me)"
    Yeah its Johnny Depp for the Riddler and Phillip Seymour Hoffman for the Penguin, and Cher for Batwoman. I don't like Cher there. I think Anne Hathaway would be a good batwoman.
    HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitNRun
    the_chojin99 said:
    "ive hered a lot of things said about the plans for the next movie. one being  harley quinn being the main villain  in the next movie, this was the one that made me more excited than the others, altho most likely not true it makes be think how it would be done because she is a side kick mainly and due doHeath ledger's death it is unlikely that the joker will be in the next one. other rumers that i have hered is johny depp playing the riddler and cher to play catwoman ( can we please not talk about that one it depresses me)"
    The Harle Quinn rumor was stolen from Batman 5, aka Batsuit Nipples 2, aka the next godawful movie in the 90s that got canned. Harle Quinn was supposed to be the villain in the lost movie after Batman and Robin, before Warner realized that, in the words of George Clooney, "I think we killed the franchise."

The other roles are just celebrities saying they want in on the new (successful) Batman. But since Christopher Nolan has full creative control, most of them don't have a chance in hell. He obviously has a vision for the series and he's not going to truck in the tabloid crowd unless (like Ledger) they wow the crap out of him.

Bulldog19892 said:
    "People, the next movie hasn't even been announced. Based on the information we have, you could say there won't even be a sequel. So stop talking about who the next villain in the next movie is going to be as if it's fact, because everything you're saying is nothing but speculation and ill-conceived rumors."
    Oh yeah, then there's this. It's true. Nobody (who matters) has put any thought into the next one. The only character confirmed is Batman, and probably Alfred.
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lord_canti
    Edgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Edgar
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Harley Quinn'll be in it, played by Helena Bonham Carter."
    That would be pretty awesome.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gameboi

I'm still waiting for the Superman/Batman movie to rise from the dead. As for the next villain, I think it's high time for the Riddler to stop by, although I'd settle for Killer Croc.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lord_canti
    Gameboi said:
    "I'm still waiting for the Superman/Batman movie to rise from the dead. As for the next villain, I think it's high time for the Riddler to stop by, although I'd settle for Killer Croc."
    if i remember rightly there is a justice league film in the works altho it wont have the acters from the batman and superman films them characters will be there to have a link film lol
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By jakob187
    the_chojin99 said:
    "a new rumer  has come about now of eddy murphy  playing the riddler  in the new film simply called "gotham"  here is a link to a artical in the british news paper the sun talking about the matter so whats youre opinion on it mine is that it could be done really well or really badly"
    That's the article that I had seen, and given that the dood's predictions are usually spot on, it's not too far-fetched of an idea.  Also, let's remember that Eddie Murphy IS an Oscar-nominated actor.  While I know that everyone and their mom likes the idea of The Riddler being played by Johnny Depp (well, besides me, I fucking loathe the guy), we also have to look at Aaron Eckhart's recent comments about Harvey Dent and Two-Face while walking the red carpet at the Golden Globes.  It looks like Two-Face could be showing back up in the next film, and personally, I would LOVE for that to happen.  Also, there's rumor that The Joker could be returning with someone else playing the role, based on an interview that was also done at the Golden Globes with one of the producers (I believe he was a producer, don't quote me on that).  However, right after The Dark Knight hit, Michael Caine was saying that Riddler and Penguin were in, but those were shot down.

Frankly, there are a fuck ton of rumors, with nothing confirmed.  Therefore, people need to be satisfied with what they have at the moment.  Nolan will probably do another movie before he does Batman, as he did with Batman Begins and then The Prestige.  Give the people some room, for fuck's sake.

Personally, I would like to see an honest take on Mr. Freeze.  I know it's going a bit outside of the reality-based setting that Nolan is going for, but Mr. Freeze is a very tragic villain.  All the crime that he committed, the whole reason he got started in it all, was to save his wife.  It's a story that can tug on heartstrings as well as present some moral conflict with Bruce Wayne/Batman.  How do you fight a villain that is doing it out of love, all the while falling into some form of madness?  It would be an incredible story, and it would allow for Nolan to try spanning into a bit more fantasy than he has done so far.
    Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Virago
    suneku said:
    yeah! and without joker, she's just a whiny little girl, and not the twisted psychotic she is!!!

Mr. Freeze would be good. Bane would be even better. Cher as catwoman? well... so much for a good bats #3.
    JohnDudebro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JohnDudebro

Harley Quinn is nothing without The Joker. With no Heath Ledger, there can be no Joker. No Joker, no Harley Quinn.

Riddler please.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By End_Boss

Eddie Murphy as the Riddler?
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Virago

lol wut.
    no. eddie M can't play riddler.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By RichardLOlson

First of all....Eddie Murphy as the riddler won't happen.  I mean the first sign of a black man as the riddler, all the batman fanboys would be in an uproar.  Secondly, cher playing catwoman is like sticking ur dick into a  bear trap.  Thirdly, the rendition of mr. freeze is a nice thought, but nolan won't slip his mind into the fantasy realm.  And finally, I understand that some of you would like to see robin in the next film.  Well lest we not forget about Batman and Robin, the shit fest movie of the century.  Robin would really break the movie for me.  At this point in the time frame of the batman universe, robin would be at least 9-12 yrs old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.