Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

HarmoKnight

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 28, 2013

A rhythm game from Pokemon developer Gamefreak that focuses on both action and rhythm.

Should I pick up this or Bit.Trip?

crusen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should I pick up this or Bit.Trip? (23 votes)

Harmoknight 35%
    Bit.Trip Saga 65%

So I love the rhythm platformer genre, but can't decide between picking up Harmoknight or the Bit.Trip Saga for 3DS (mostly just for Runner). Both are currently $15 on the eShop. I'd love some opinions from people. Thanks!

• 
    chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1 chaser324  Moderator

Bit.Trip Runner is an excellent game, so I can definitely recommend that. The other Bit.Trip games in that collection are very solid as well, so $15 is a pretty good bargain.

Having said that, somehow HarmoKnight has slipped under my radar until your post made me look into it, and after watching a few videos on YouTube, I've literally pulled a muscle in my neck because of how quickly I reached for my 3DS. So, I can't say for certain, but HarmoKnight looks pretty cool, too.

Thoseposers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Thoseposers

I've really only played runner 2 and some of bit trip beat so i can't really vouch for them but i gotta say harmoknight has been lots of fun so far. It's short in case you haven't heard that but there's a good number of stages that you can play on normal or fast speed and it's so super charming.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Also, Bit.Trip Saga is available on Amazon for $10, so it would actually be cheaper to get it from there unless you really want the digital version.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Always go with Bit Trip.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
    PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played both, and I enjoyed Harmoknight much more than Bit Trip

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FourWude

Funny how my Mark of the Ninja v Dust: an elysian tail thread was locked. But EXACT same replicas are allowed.

Since when did GB give a shit about versus threads? There must have been thousands of threads like this throughout the years on GB forums.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Definitely Bit.Trip.Runner. I just played the demo of HarmoKnight - the 2D artwork look great, but what I played didn't seem anywhere near as good as BTR (I ended up quitting after it became Quick Timey).

Anyway, the main difference between the two is that HarmoKnight is more about being in time with music, BTR is more about learning a by trial and error.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bit.Trip. Easily. As somebody who has played piano since I was 6, I'd like to think I have pretty damn good timing. And the timing in HarmoKnight is fucked up.

Toadorolum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Toadorolum

I know this is a little late, but this game is really good and I urge people to give it a chance. I have not played Bit.Trip. so I can't speak to the quality of that, but HK is a very cool game that has a few spins to the genre and even has some cool Pokemon themed levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.