Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Harry Potter

Franchise »

The Harry Potter games are based off of their movie adaptations which are based off of their book counterparts.

Harry Potter game by Rocksteady?

sin13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By sin13

Was thinking since WB has the rights to Batman and Harry Potter, I wonder if Rocksteady had a chance to take a crack at the Harry Potter universe if we would finally get a good Potter game. What do you think?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

You know, as much faith I have in them as a game studio I don't think Harry Potter would be in their wheelhouse. If we're being serious...

Malphye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Malphye

I don't know, a license like that seems it'd be better off with the persona team or a developer who isn't focused on action game play. Not saying they can't but I really enjoyed the first potter films and their atmosphere.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I think R* would be the best to develop a game like it seeing how they can create such immersive worlds and how they made Bully. If it was an original story in the Harry Potter world, though, I'm not sure if it would be whimsical enough or whatever.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dany

Bioware, an rpg

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

@FluxWaveZ: I'm pretty sure I was much more immersed in Arkham Asylum than I have been any Rockstar game. Although this doesn't matter because I don't think a Harry Potter game could ever be anything better than mediocre.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By buft
    @Delphye said:

I don't know, a license like that seems it'd be better off with the persona team or a developer who isn't focused on action game play. Not saying they can't but I really enjoyed the first potter films and their atmosphere.

I agree a tactical RPG with the social elements would really work with this license and for the persona team a license like this could be a great way to break into other markets where their games go largely unnoticed by the wider audience.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.