Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 30, 2012

The fourth home-release in the popular Project DIVA series and the first to see international release. The game features new mechanics, as well as the usual changes in songs, modules and collectables.

Officially coming to North America Demo incoming next week!

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

According to this post on Kotaku Hatsune Miku Project Diva F is officially coming to North America in August. Whats more the demo is going to drop next week with the PSN update. I'm sort of interested in supporting this. I have no idea what it is but... I'm all for SEGA localizing weird Japanese games. I'll be interested to play next week. You can read the article here:

http://kotaku.com/incoming-hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-heads-west-in-aug-511648053?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I have no idea what it is

It's robot anime girls singing pop music of varying quality.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Have some fun with Miku.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Europe as well but only digital.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@darji said:

I wonder what the pricing will be. Digital only is fine in concept, but PSN pricing can be kinda high. Get in on the hot action of Fuse, now for only 70€!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By mrfluke

so sega decides to bring this over but not yakuza 5? (hope they announce that at E3)

Didnt know miku had an audience here,

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty much the best music game ever, if you're into vocaloid music. I'm double-dipping in order to have a physical version kept around for the future.

Gameplay example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROCvprTDvE (that's the top difficulty level and this song is easy compared to other Extreme mode ones)

Highly recommended you try the demo out, it comes with a great selection of three songs playable in Easy and Normal.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Well, I know somebody who's going to be thrilled.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: Yeah, man I really wanna play Yakuza 5. I wanna see how Haruka plays like.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

I wonder what the pricing will be. Digital only is fine in concept, but PSN pricing can be kinda high. Get in on the hot action of Fuse, now for only 70€!

That is the retail price in Europe. In Germany you get it for 60 Euro but if you want the Austrian version you have to pay 70 Euro for it on amazon.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke: It is enought to do US concerts^^

Loading Video...

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King

@mrfluke said:

Didnt know miku had an audience here,

Weeaboos know no borders.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: oh shit, didnt know that, guess itill do ok as this news most likely reached that crowd.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This beef between Hatsune Miku and Hologram Tu-Pac is only going to end in tragedy.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#17  Edited By jacksukeru

@somejerk said:

This is pretty much the best music game ever, if you're into vocaloid music. I'm double-dipping in order to have a physical version kept around for the future.

Gameplay example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ROCvprTDvE

(that's the top difficulty level and this song is easy compared to other Extreme mode ones)

Highly recommended you try the demo out, it comes with a great selection of three songs playable in Easy and Normal.

I do really like these kinds of music games, Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan, Theatrhythm etc. and I'm kind of into Volcaloid music (only I prefer to listen to fan versions sung by actual people) so this looks pretty cool. I'm into it.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SomeJerk

@jacksukeru said:

@somejerk said:

Gameplay example:

(that's the top difficulty level and this song is easy compared to other Extreme mode ones)

I do really like these kinds of music games, Elite Beat Agents, Ouendan, Theatrhythm etc. and I'm kind of into Volcaloid music (only I prefer to listen to fan versions sung by actual people) so this looks pretty cool. I'm into it.

The demo won me over actually!

The raw musical quality of the songs is far above previous Project Diva games, the sound engineering as well, and what mattered more to me than I thought was that the models never get that creepy uncanny-valley feel to them any longer.

Side-effect is that it's hard to get any listening pleasure out of old Project Diva songs..

e: I forgot to mention - updated voice models for the vocaloids makes things sound much better. Rin no longer has a bad lisp and Miku sounds freaking natural in some of these songs, ODDS&ENDS has parts that sound sung by a voice imitator.

Also the music videos (PV) are full on videos now, whereas in previous games they were often just single-stage deals. That also helps. Wherever the next games goes I'm buying it.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ervonymous

Too bad about the gimped EU release, would've liked to give Sega a pat on the back but not with just a digital copy. I already played the Vita version for 30 something hours, the screen swiping is dumb but the small and tactile buttons are just made for this shit.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@somejerk said:

Gameplay example:

That's what this is?

Oh man. We need a Quick Look of this.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man. Vocaloids sound so bad. I like rhythm games so I'll try out the demo but I couldn't even make it though the gameplay video @somejerk posted.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still find it crazy how big Vocoloid stuff has gotten, like, to a crazy level. I mean, I have over a terabyte of Touhou music, but still!

Going to buy the fuck out of this.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SomeJerk

@superwristbands said:

Man. Vocaloids sound so bad. I like rhythm games so I'll try out the demo but I couldn't even make it though the gameplay video @somejerk posted.

In that video (and many more) I agree, it's the version 2 voice and she's badly tuned and composed to begin with. Some songs make the ancient version 1 voice from 2007 sound super good. (The three tracks in the demo are vastly better, even Rin's voice is miles ahead of previous Diva games)

Version 3 can be heard in this Phantasy Star Online 2 based video outta Diva F: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOuO4ri2DL8

The composer Ryo focuses on making realistic singing with V3, though as if the microphone channel was tuned strangely for effect in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrD2m7-3IG4

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By musubi

I'm really really in for this. Holy crap so much fun. I'm really enjoying the demo so far but I suck awfully at it!

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really really in for this. Holy crap so much fun. I'm really enjoying the demo so far but I suck awfully at it!

See if you work better without note-hit sounds, and tweak audiovisual latency settings in a deeper menu and see if it helps your timing. On my first day Normal mode Dancehall was overwhelming, and when I had finally bought the Japanese PSN version it could basically be done on one hand at Normal.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somejerk: Yeah I'm trying to see about adjusting for latency. Wish they had a easy way to test that without going into an actual song. Minor complaint! I'm sure I'll get the hang of it! Its almost refreshing to have a games skillset kick my ass right now even on easy. Gives me something to work to.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played the demo and I'm completely sold on the game. I hope the full game explains some things though, I didn't even know what to do with the stars the first time around because the loading screen went by too fast. Not to mention chance time or the round thing in the corner. Still, had a great time.

Any idea if the DLC is coming over?

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SuperWristBands

So, I have to hit the arrows in the opposite direction? I really wish it showed me how to play with some screens I advance through and not loading screens.

Anyway, game seems fun but has loads of on screen effects that are very distracting and when I'm in the zone all I hear is a high pitched whine as it tries to sing.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superwristbands: Hit the home button, there's a digital manual included with the demo. I failed the first song about 5 times until I found it.

Game seems pretty fun, difficult to get used to at the beginning. I wonder what the price is going to be.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it come with a coupon for a free Dominoes Pizza?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played the demo and I'm completely sold on the game. I hope the full game explains some things though, I didn't even know what to do with the stars the first time around because the loading screen went by too fast. Not to mention chance time or the round thing in the corner. Still, had a great time.

Any idea if the DLC is coming over?

I didn't realize at first but if you press the PS Button you can actually access a Software manual in the "game" part of the XMB tab

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew said:

@superwristbands: Hit the home button, there's a digital manual included with the demo. I failed the first song about 5 times until I found it.

Game seems pretty fun, difficult to get used to at the beginning. I wonder what the price is going to be.

Oh wow the game does an awful job telling me what is right and what isn't. When I hit, say, a left arrow by pressing left I get a miss (or awful or whatever it is) but when I hit the same left arrow by pressing right I get a cool (or good or whatever).

Well, now I know, maybe I can pass the first song and maybe I'll not fuck up the big star at the end of chance time. That thing comes out of no where though so I'll probably miss it again.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Chibithor

@demoskinos: Oh. Alright, thanks. Guess I'll check it out.

@superwristbands: If you're not doing this already, I think you're supposed to hold the direction on the d-pad and press the corresponding button.

SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I am totally down with cat girls dance fighting on top of speeding trucks.

@superwristbands: If you're not doing this already, I think you're supposed to hold the direction on the d-pad and press the corresponding button.

Yeah, I got it now. Thanks though.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By EquitasInvictus

I'm not usually into rhythm games, but I really liked what I've played of the Project Diva games. It definitely took me a while to acquire the taste of Vocaloid songs but I've definitely warmed up to them a bunch. I especially like how it's spawned so much creativity by cover artists; some careers were actually started by young ladies who were extremely good at Vocaloid covers!

So yeah, I'm definitely going to grab this as soon as it hits shelves!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By TobbRobb

Looks fun! I wanna buy it just to support it, but I kinda can't in good faith considering I suck too much to play it, and don't enjoy the vocaloid vocals enough.

Oh well, go sega!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.