Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 30, 2012

The fourth home-release in the popular Project DIVA series and the first to see international release. The game features new mechanics, as well as the usual changes in songs, modules and collectables.

Photo Editing with Vocaloids!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Edited By Hailinel

So you might have seen that Project Diva F Quick Look. You know, the one where Jeff decided to basically fuck around as a creeper in the photo edit mode. Well, here's a batch of images I created as some early attempts at understanding how to actually use the tool. Each one uses a single character model, as well as loading screen artwork that can be used as a background. The copyright information in the lower-left of each one is added by the photo tool when the image is taken and saved to the PS3 hard drive.

This is, sadly, fairly in character for Haku. I got lucky with the backdrop choice here.
    This is, sadly, fairly in character for Haku. I got lucky with the backdrop choice here.
    A little wallpaper style action for MEIKO.
    A little wallpaper style action for MEIKO.
    This one was actually my first attempt with the simpler pose and facial expression choices. Also note that I forgot to turn off the control legend on the bottom of the screen.
    This one was actually my first attempt with the simpler pose and facial expression choices. Also note that I forgot to turn off the control legend on the bottom of the screen.
    Aaaaaand crazy Rin fangirl Miku being all happy at the bizarre scene of Rin on a cupcake. Oh dear.
    Aaaaaand crazy Rin fangirl Miku being all happy at the bizarre scene of Rin on a cupcake. Oh dear.

So yeah, the photo edit tool is actually usable for more than just freaking out at not getting upskirt shots. It has its limitations (not allowing for multi-character posing is a big one), but it's a fun little diversion.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@hailinel: I think Jeff was actually using the tool 100% correctly, but I have to say I quite like your resulting pictures, as well. Jeff's creeptastic display was rather entertaining, and your display speaks to the true spirit of the fandom which embraces the fun possibilities in such a tool. :)

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

But be honest, how much did you enjoy that underboob?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@meatball said:

Is that a belt she's wearing?

I wonder if @hailinel'll show us how to "actually use" the touching mini-game next? Cause, y'know, that part of the game's totally innocent too...

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You're awkwardly posing anime ladies in front of jpegs in a video game. No need to have such vindictiveness combined with so little self awareness about the whole ordeal. Acknowledge the taboo and let it go.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A belt-bra? Now I've seen it all.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is something off with Miku's face in that last one. That first one looks real good. I had to focus a bit to see that one of them is a 3D model.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if hailinel'll show us how to "actually use" the touching mini-game next? Cause, y'know, that part of the game's totally innocent too...

I could, given that really all that happens is you rub a spot on their head that they like that can boost their affinity. And maybe trigger a game of rock-paper-scissors. It's honestly not dirty at all. And given that the mode is a holdover from the game's origins as a Vita title, not that bizarre of a touch game, really.

@meatball said:

I honestly hadn't noticed it that much before you pointed it out.

There is something off with Miku's face in that last one. That first one looks real good. I had to focus a bit to see that one of them is a 3D model.

It might be the angle of the Miku model in that last one. She's not facing the camera directly and her head is tilted a bit, so that might have something to do with it. And thanks. I really like how the first one came out, too. It's a bit surprising how well she blends with the image at a glance.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I was going to go off on all the idiots in your blog digging up the same old tired jokes about things they have no clue about but instead I'll just say that those are some nice shots. I wish I got into Project Diva as hard core as you did other things namely DOA and GTA distracted me big time. Nice seeing someone putting this thing to good use. I wish all PS3 had the screen capture function that Project Diva does.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

As a person that never really uses the screenshot function in games, I can appreciate the fact that you managed to make some nice images with what you had. Keep on keepin' on, homie.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

it's cool that you can make some nice looking stuff with it. i, personally have only made one image and got everything i needed out of it

No Caption Provided

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^ STR8 OFF THA MUTHAPHUKKIN STREETS OF COMPTON

So I have a question and this might be the place to ask. Obviously Hatsune Miku is very popular and they would be very protective of the way in which that character is used (SEE PROJECT DIVA F NOT JUST BEING A GIANT UPSKIRT GENERATOR) but can they have any control over what people do with the actual vocaloid software, since it's technically a commercially available music creation tool? Obviously, it's a pretty unique case, where the vocaloids are very popular characters that they want to control the use of very closely, but presumably anybody can get any of those voice modules and make them say/sing anything. How do they handle that? This super popular character/set of characters that make a lot of money and are involved in big merchandising and advertising scenarios, yet anybody could just basically get Miku to go on a fifteen minute profanity-laden anti-semitic tirade, right? Or is there some super specific EULA on that software?

Basically, my question is can Miku guest star on my concept album about Chem-trails?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

@ajayraz said:

it's cool that you can make some nice looking stuff with it. i, personally have only made one image and got everything i needed out of it

No Caption Provided

Thanks.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

@hailinel said:

@sinusoidal said:

I wonder if hailinel'll show us how to "actually use" the touching mini-game next? Cause, y'know, that part of the game's totally innocent too...

I could, given that really all that happens is you rub a spot on their head that they like that can boost their affinity. It's honestly not dirty at all.

It's still creepy as shit, though, even without the sexual dimension.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

@ajayraz said:

No Caption Provided

Congratulations, you've completely justified this feature for me. Hatsune Miku GOTY.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SuperWristBands

@ajayraz: Yup. That's amazing.

I also like the first one that @hailinel posted. I don't know anything about that character but it still amuses me nonetheless

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By casper_

anime/gansta rap is the best combination of all time.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajayraz said:

No Caption Provided

Amazing.

@damodar said:

^^ STR8 OFF THA MUTHAPHUKKIN STREETS OF COMPTON

So I have a question and this might be the place to ask. Obviously Hatsune Miku is very popular and they would be very protective of the way in which that character is used (SEE PROJECT DIVA F NOT JUST BEING A GIANT UPSKIRT GENERATOR) but can they have any control over what people do with the actual vocaloid software, since it's technically a commercially available music creation tool? Obviously, it's a pretty unique case, where the vocaloids are very popular characters that they want to control the use of very closely, but presumably anybody can get any of those voice modules and make them say/sing anything. How do they handle that? This super popular character/set of characters that make a lot of money and are involved in big merchandising and advertising scenarios, yet anybody could just basically get Miku to go on a fifteen minute profanity-laden anti-semitic tirade, right? Or is there some super specific EULA on that software?

Basically, my question is can Miku guest star on my concept album about Chem-trails?

If you have the software, you're free to make whatever songs you like with it. There isn't anything really stopping someone from making a song in which Miku or whoever the chosen Vocaloid is from singing the most offensive lyrics you could imagine. Any music you create with the tool is your property (assuming it's original and not an unauthorized cover); the songs that appear in Project Diva are individually licensed from their creators for use by Sega in their games.

It's still creepy as shit, though, even without the sexual dimension.

It's really more silly than anything else.

I also like the first one that @hailinel posted. I don't know anything about that character but it still amuses me nonetheless

Thanks. I've done a little bit of wiki work on the character, if it helps.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ervonymous

People think this is creepy? Try the Vita version with the front and back facing cameras.

No Caption Provided

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ervonymous: Oh god, that face!

I can easily see how the Vita version allows for much crazier shenanigans with the greater photographic freedom.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By MEATBALL

People think this is creepy? Try the Vita version with the front and back facing cameras.

No Caption Provided

Oh wow, that's super awesome.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:
    @ervonymous said:

No Caption Provided

Oh wow, that's super awesome.

I feel like some text could be slapped on it and it could be submitted as a header for a community spotlight.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By tsutohiro

@ajayraz said:

No Caption Provided

I like the cut of your jib. Vocaloids With Attitude.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I forgot to mention, of course the screenshot tool isn't just for the dedicated photo mode, which makes for easy sharing of bragging rights:

4.6% away from Perfect! I think I'm almost ready to tackle this song on Hard.
    4.6% away from Perfect! I think I'm almost ready to tackle this song on Hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.