Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hawken

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 14, 2014

Hawken is a free to play, multiplayer-only first-person shooter featuring enormous mechs and micro-transactions from independent studio Adhesive Games.

Another one bites the dust

JRock3x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JRock3x8

So the last great hope for mechs on consoles (other than Armored Core) was this neat little indie project called Hawken.

PFFT - hope crushed today as the devs come out with a VentureBeat article announcing they are PC F2P just like MWO.

And I let out a giant sigh of regret for my fallen mech genre... Say, MechAssault 2 will play on a 360, right? Oh yah - that game was terrible. Good Times.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

Hey man. Free to Play doesn't mean low quality or no profit. I've been hankering for a good mech game and I imagine other people have been as well. This will turn out well, I think.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cronus42

I was always under the impression this was going to be a PC title. Also don't scare me like that, almost thought it had been cancelled entirely based on the title.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

This is actually great news. They will get the game out there from more people and will probably still make a killing. Look at how well TF2 does. I'm pretty sure this was PC only from the beginning like other said above...I already have my call sign secured. :-)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

There are some great free to play games out there now, Tribes Ascend seems super awesome from what I've played of it.

fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By fourby

League of Legends is also thriving with that same business model. Don't count them out just because of something like that.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By mbr2

They never said that they we're gonna make it for consoles. They just said they wanted to.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

@Kyreo: F2P just means "BR?" "jajajajaja"

@Cloudenvy: Eh, Legions is more faithful.

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Boo to misleading thread titles.

JRock3x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By JRock3x8

@mbr2: sorry you're dead wrong. Go back and read the early interviews. They specifically said they were making this game for XBLA and PSN. They wanted to make a mech combat game for the CoD crowd.

Hard for me to see this as anything other than total failure. So who is at these damn publishers that keep turning down mech games?

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CptBedlam

Yeah, I don't like F2P models in general and I prefer my gaming on a console nowadays ... so this game is pretty much dead to me. =(

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By BrittonPeele

@JRock3x8 said:

@mbr2: sorry you're dead wrong. Go back and read the early interviews. They specifically said they were making this game for XBLA and PSN. They wanted to make a mech combat game for the CoD crowd.

Hard for me to see this as anything other than total failure. So who is at these damn publishers that keep turning down mech games?

Back in October they said "I cannot comment on [platforms] yet." Granted, I haven't been keeping TOO close an eye on the game, but I don't recall them ever saying it was targeted at XBLA and PSN. I only remember PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.