Hawken beta open for signups

#1 Edited by Lazyaza (2196 posts) -

Anyone who wants to be part of the Hawken beta later in the year should go sign up https://www.playhawken.com

If you're not familiar It's an indi PC mech shooter in the vein of Mech Warrior but looks more like Ghost in the Shell with INCREDIBLE graphics DO IIIIIT =D

#2 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

oh since you mentioned mechwarrior the site is up and you can start applying for membership in it aswell but thats old news

thanks for the info

#3 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (765 posts) -

Thank you so much for posting this. I had completely forgotten the name of the game after the QL, which is a shame, because I love me some god damn giant robots. I'm glad that the beta is coming out near my graduation, meaning I won't have to worry about that interfering with my school work.

#4 Posted by MB (12741 posts) -

@Lazyaza: Edited out the referral link. Sorry, can't have it on the forums.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Matthew (1914 posts) -

Yeah, saw it earlier today, and was able to get my name on board (MaryEffnPoppns) and also updated the wiki here on it concerning the browser based micro transactions, and free to play.

#6 Posted by Lazyaza (2196 posts) -

@MB: Ah sorry bout that, didn't know.

@spartanlolz92: Oh awesome thanks, was waiting to see when their beta signups were up.

#7 Posted by Enigma777 (6078 posts) -

Oh man, I've been trying to remember the name of this game for months! Thanks a lot!

#8 Edited by Cirdain (3100 posts) -

Also, here's the latest video for people to see what Hawken is.^

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
#10 Posted by Cirdain (3100 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man
Here is a NON referral code for people. 

https://playhawken.com/
Yeah, there's that as well ;-)
#11 Posted by kindgineer (2771 posts) -

Holy shit that game looks amazing, never hard of it. Thanks for sharing, signed up!

#12 Posted by Cirdain (3100 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: I'm slightly surprised that you didn't write the URL and the hyper-linked it with your own referral code :)

#13 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

Cool, I just signed up. This has looked really cool for a while, and I'm a sucker for giant robots, so this will probably be right up my alley.

#14 Posted by President_Barackbar (3467 posts) -

I've been interested in this game for some time, thanks for the info!

#15 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1546 posts) -

Pro tip: You can sign up three times yourself if you want to secure your username.

#16 Posted by Vyse (74 posts) -

I can't wait to try this out. I've been dying to play a good mech game for a while now.

#17 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Cirdain said:

@The_Laughing_Man: I'm slightly surprised that you didn't write the URL and the hyper-linked it with your own referral code :)

Cause its a decitefull and shitty move maybe? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.