Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hawken

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 14, 2014

Hawken is a free to play, multiplayer-only first-person shooter featuring enormous mechs and micro-transactions from independent studio Adhesive Games.

One problem - Boost to Shooting Delay

Phyrlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Phyrlord

I have been really liking this game. Only one thing has been annoying the hell out of me. That's the time it takes you to be able to start firing weapons when coming out of a boost. Often times, I will boost around the map to get places quickly, but when you spot an enemy it can take 2-3 Seconds to come out of boost and get your weapons up. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a huge difference on who can get the first rocket off etc..

In most modern shooters you can not shoot while sprinting like in hawken, but in most shooters the time it takes to come out of sprint and start shooting is instant, unlike hawken.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's honestly the only frustrating aspect right now.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SomeJerk

Everybody are playing by those rules, so it's no biggie. You'll learn when it's time to boost and when you can get a few seconds of repairs as time goes on and you learn the maps and how enemy players behave.

It does favour light mechs using broken bullet weapons at the moment though, the whole boost-attack delay.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.