"gaming for me is a religion"

#1 Posted by FutureRobinhood (6 posts) -

"and haze is the shit" said jonathan davis.  "I had to come up with a track that can hit up that kind of rush I get from the game and I think we really rocked it!!"

#2 Posted by tec3297 (1170 posts) -

Really? Cause I heard is sucked bad..

#3 Posted by Shawn (3825 posts) -

I hope that's the closest he's ever gotten to drugs.

#4 Posted by logson (521 posts) -
#5 Posted by Rowr (5484 posts) -

lols. Those are some pretty freaking fanstastic lines.

Yes that was an awesome hotspot. :)

#6 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

That doesnt make any sense

#7 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -
FutureRobinhood said:
""and haze is the shit" said jonathan davis.
i think he meant "and haze is shit"
#8 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -
Thomas said:
"Really? Cause I heard is sucked bad..
"
I heard otherwise, it was good.
#9 Posted by Dalai (7001 posts) -

Yeah, that quote would make anyone turn athiest.

Haze went from being the shit to being shit... sad.

#10 Posted by Subway (971 posts) -

From what I've played of Haze it was a total mess.

#11 Posted by FutureRobinhood (6 posts) -

THE greatest episode of the hotspot ever. jeff getting bleeped every 5 seconds owned.

#12 Posted by SamFo (1515 posts) -

Should have said "Gaming for me is a religion, and HAZE is the pope"

#13 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
SamFo said:
"Should have said "Gaming for me is a religion, and HAZE is the pope"
"
That's what Vinny said in that episode. Unless of course you're quoting it

yeah, that hotspot was the best
#14 Posted by FutureRobinhood (6 posts) -
SamFo said:
"Should have said "Gaming for me is a religion, and HAZE is the pope"
"
so the pope is the shit?!?
#15 Posted by thedez (129 posts) -

HADOUKEN!

#16 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

I found it hilarious when they were promoting the game from Korn and showed it everywhere. As if a large demographic actually likes Korn,and would be swayed to buy a product Jonathan David gives the thumbs up.

I just want to know how much 'nectar' he was on when he played this game to say it was "the shit" (omg you see what I did thar?)/end sarcasm
God that game was dissapointing and pathetic.

#17 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2498 posts) -

Mo 'fo was on weed!Nah,I personally hated it,but a few of my friends acually love the game and still pop it in every once in a while.

#18 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
pause422 said:
"I found it hilarious when they were promoting the game from Korn and showed it everywhere. As if a large demographic actually likes Korn,and would be swayed to buy a product Jonathan David gives the thumbs up."
Yeah.. KoRn to me, was over a long time ago... Nowadays, the quality of their music, I find to be awful.
#19 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

Man Jon Davis must not play that many games if that rocks his world.

#20 Posted by AttackedCamo (816 posts) -

Here is the clip on Youtube.

#21 Posted by FutureRobinhood (6 posts) -

Dude with metal in his face says "Gaming for me is a religion.....and oooowaahaha is the shit!"

#22 Posted by GiantGUS (399 posts) -

I think I might have deciphered it:

"Games for me are [like] a religion [because I play often and a lot of different games, it's integral to my life. I would say that I play games more often than most religious people go to a place of worship]. And [because of that deep knowledge of videogames that I've acquired through my study of the medium, I believe I can state that] Haze is [a very awesome game, impressive and above most of what we see flooding the market. Some would even say that it is] the shit."

Now, I don't think he said or meant that. But I did some retroactive adaptations that make it sound almost believable, like those dude that think Nostradamus was anything but crazy.

#23 Posted by ThomasP (1655 posts) -

That brings back some memories. One of my favorite Hotspots.

#24 Posted by FesteringNeon (2158 posts) -
@FutureRobinhood:
This game was such a bad letdown.. I almost want to start an internet uproar over it, and make it the worlds most saught after game, just beacause. :) 
Why now?  

WHY NOT.
#25 Posted by Phished0ne (2485 posts) -

Wait, so...religion is shit?

#26 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

Is Religion shit?

#27 Posted by cooljammer00 (1554 posts) -

The shit is different than shit. 

Just saying.

#28 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

I've been listening to that excerpt from the Hotspot way too often over the past few weeks, to the extent that I was really jonesing to play the demo of Haze on PSN. Imagine my surprise when I found it's disappeared from the store! Thankfully it can still be obtained if it resides in your download history (and I'll say one thing for the PSN Store: as bad as everything else is at least the download history works better than Microsoft's platform) and so I got it and relived Haze for myself... and yes, it still blows.

There's also a two part interview with Jonathan Davis where he talks about the process of writing a song for the game. It appears he was approached while on tour in Europe, and wrote a song based off of the trailer. He's seen playing the game in the interview but it appears to be the first time he's done so. As cynical as that all sounds, it's probably not that far removed from doing music for Hollywood pictures, which Korn is no stranger to either.

#29 Posted by Sgtpierceface (613 posts) -

WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS?

#30 Posted by Mesoian (1573 posts) -

Oh my god, the soundboarding. That mess has no place in a podcast.

#31 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

Haze wasn't that bad... well okay it was but i enjoyed the time i spent playing it at my friend's place.

#32 Posted by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Serious forum necrophilia going on here.

#33 Posted by CornBREDX (4835 posts) -

Yep. This needed to be necro'd. 
Yep.

#34 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -
@CornBREDX
Yep. This needed to be necro'd. 
Yep.
I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.