Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Headphones

Object » linked to 74 games

Pair of mini loudspeakers that are designed to hold them close to a user's ears for a more convenient listening device. Can be plugged in to music players or phones.

I'm looking for headphones, what should i get?

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NickL

I'm looking for some quality gaming headphones.  Right now, i am looking at Tritton ax 720
    I was hoping to keep my price point around 100 dollars, and the price of those 720's is pushing that alot
    i want to use it for my pc and xbox 360, a mic would be a nice addition, but in all reality i dont talk that much while im gaming so i probably wouldnt use it much
    Any suggestions?

PS i also have a big head so a problem i run into sometimes is they start to feel really tight after 30 minutes or so, keep that in mind =p

Afflack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NickL
    @Afflack: That was a nice read, but none of those headsets fit what i wanted... the only ones that work with xbox and pc are way too expensive for me
    oh and welcome to the forums =p
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Organicalistic_

sony wireless earbuds, they are blutooth, 80$ and i love mine

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By swamplord666

Whatever it is, make it sennheisers. Got a headset (HD555) and earplugs(CX400II) and they are both the best of each kind i've ever used. Makes you appreciate 320kbps so much more!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @swamplord666 said:
    " Whatever it is, make it sennheisers. Got a headset (HD555) and earplugs(CX400II) and they are both the best of each kind i've ever used. Makes you appreciate 320kbps so much more! "
    Yup. Sennys are the best cans in the industry.
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NickL

forgot to mention that earbuds are a no go for me, i find them VERY uncomfortable

ill look into the sennheisers but i dont think those come with a mic do they? (again not necessarily a dealbreaker for me if they are at the right price)

also those HD555 are on sale for 100 USD right now... ill have to check those out

dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By dantheman1515

I have a pair of Astro A40's and they are well worth the 300+ dollars. Ive had them for almost a year with no problems, they still work as well as they did on day one. If I were you I'd invest in a high quality headphone, because the xbox headsets are very fragile and wear easily. Plus the A40's work on my 360, PS3, and PC, as well as my Ipod. Did I mention my DS as well. 

THEY WORK FOR EVERYTHING. 

Id save up. I just didn't eat fast food for a few months and packed a lunch instead. Saved up well over enough.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NickL
    @dantheman1515: even if i had the money i am not into sound quality enough to justify 300 dollars, the only thing that i keep saying to myself that justifies 100 dollars is that they will last longer than a cheap 15 dollar headset
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NickL

does anyone have the tritton ax720? reading into them it looks like i wont be able to use hdmi with my xbox because of where i would have to plug the fiber optics cable into, anyone know a way around this?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By subject2change

I've had HD555s for almost 2 years now and love them to death. I use a clip on microphone to the wire for my PC gaming purposes. However I have no used them for any console gaming besides one time when I hooked up my PS3 to computer monitor with HDMI in and no speakers. 

I am not a fan of Trittons after a bad experience with their 5.1 PC headset PRIOR to me buying the HD555s roughly 3 years ago as I was still in college when I had them. The microphone failed after a week and they were uncomfortable and heavy. Take note that this is a different model and a long time ago.

However I stick with Sennheiser for now, including my ear buds for my iPhone/PSP/DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.