Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Headset

Object » linked to 39 games

A device used to communicate remotely with others.

Pulse Headset For PS3 on PC IS BASS-A-RIFIC!

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Headed out of base today to pick up the new Pulse Gaming Headset that Sony made for the PS3 today. Cost me $150 and I wasn't expecting anything too crazy. Kinda just got it for the plug so I could use it with my phone, Vita, 3DS, and gov't laptop.

So the thing comes with a USB tongle for the PS3 and also states you can use it for the PC. Being the optimistic I am, I plugged it into my PC and yup...15,000 pennies well worth it.

Let's get the first thing out of the way, the virtual 7.1 works on PC after you go on your W7 sound settings and enable it. That's not the special part. Nor is the special part that when you push the settings button a sexy voice comes on saying "GAME, MOVIE, BASS BOOST, etc...", hell no that's not the best part. The hidden microphone that sounds perfect isn't the best part either.

There's a fucking rumble pack in the fucking headphones.

There's. A. Fucking. Rumble. Pack. In. The. Fucking. Headphones.

You heard that right, on each ear. The headphones shake like they would on the dual shock. That's only if you crack it up all the way. They legit shake on a flat surface when you lay them flat. I was skyping with my girlfriend and during the talk I put on some trance and set the base up to max, she was wondering where the shaking was coming from.

Rumble Packs in the headphones.

So for 150 bucks you get a PC & PS3 headset that supports a simulated 7.1, a base that shakes (literally), and a solid microphone that isn't there. You also get a headphone that doesn't use batteries when plugged in the standard inline jack...sadly no base boost and mic support that way. :(

This shit is awesome! Why the fuck didn't Sony release this with the PS3 back in 2007?!

No Caption Provided
    BakedGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BakedGoods

Thanks for the post. You're pretty much the only one who's mentioned how the PC functionality works--but that brings me to a question: Sony's site states very clearly that the 7.1 virtual surround only works with the PS3. Even on the 'PC instructions' page does it state this--so I'm curious, are you sure the headset was 7.1 when plugged into your PC? This is a make or break feature for me, so I'm desperate to find out if it's true.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Snail

Wait, how does the rumble work? When does it rumble, and is it even pleasant?

elandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By elandir

@BakedGoods said:

Thanks for the post. You're pretty much the only one who's mentioned how the PC functionality works--but that brings me to a question: Sony's site states very clearly that the 7.1 virtual surround only works with the PS3. Even on the 'PC instructions' page does it state this--so I'm curious, are you sure the headset was 7.1 when plugged into your PC? This is a make or break feature for me, so I'm desperate to find out if it's true.

Maybe his pc's soundboard supports it. The 7.1 is software bound, any headset you plug in a soundboard with this feature will "simulate" the surround.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.