Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Headset

Object » linked to 38 games

A device used to communicate remotely with others.

Single Player Games for ps2/3 that make good use of headset.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I've been thinking about picking up a USB headset for my ps2/ps3 since I recently have been playing the Manhunt games and heard they make good use of the headset. I wanted to know if there are any other single player games that use the headset in a unique and interesting way. Is the voice system in Binary Domain any good, or are there any other single player games that allow you to give commands to NPCs by using the headset?

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WMWA

I believe the Socom games do. It was pretty groundbreaking at the time, I think. Not sure how they hold up, though

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

There was a game for the ps2 that looked like it controled horably. But you basicly lead a woman out of a building or a space ship with your voice. It was esentaly a text adventure with voice suport.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Bollard

The only one I can think of is Tom Clancy's End War, which has voice commands. I've heard it's not a great RTS but it's cool to say "Move to Oscar" and have it work.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rainbowkisses

@Dagbiker said:

There was a game for the ps2 that looked like it controled horably. But you basicly lead a woman out of a building or a space ship with your voice. It was esentaly a text adventure with voice suport.

Was it Lifeline?

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Sounds like its time for Hey you! Pikachu to make a comeback!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

@Rainbowkisses: YES.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rainbowkisses said:

@Dagbiker said:

Was it Lifeline?

I just played that recently. I wanted to see if the Rock Band mic for PS3 works on the PS2 and it does. The game is broken but if you play it with friends you'll get some good laughs.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By MistaSparkle

I must have played the Endwar demo about five times in a row just because it was really fun shouting out commands. It worked really well as I remember.

DiabolicSabin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By DiabolicSabin

The first Manhunt also had some headset features where the director's audio would play through the headset and any noise into the microphone would alert enemies to your position.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By renmckormack

Manhunt . Also part of the premise of the game was that the main character, James Earl Cash, was being directed by a far-away voice in his headset (Starkweather). When you put the headset on the voice came through the headset and not through the tv, and the voice acting was tremendous. You could whistle or cough to attract npcs which was critical as part of the stealth game play. As an awesome side-effect, the game picked up if you were breathing heavy or were startled or something and the enemies would react. At the end of the game there were some pretty intense scenes and I like gasped or something and the bad guys found me.

Manhunt should be given more credit for being one of the more innovative games of the last generation.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renmckormack

didn't read your post carefully enough. sorry. Do play Manhunt with the headset its awesome and holds up.

Socom may not hold up as well because of the set commands you had to say. Yea Lifeline is a train-wreck. I recommend it.

MalkavianJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MalkavianJD

I know this may not be PS2/3 related but Rainbow Six 3 on the original Xbox if you used a microphone in singleplayer your squadmates would follow your orders.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dagbiker

Endwar also used the headset. it was a Ps3/Xbox360 game where you were supposed to be a commander in the battle field, commanding units. If Im remembering right it was a strategy game and you could use the controller for some stuff, but you also used the head set for others.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rainbowkisses

What type of headset would anyone recommend for ps2? I got a red samurai which is supposed to work for ps2 and ps3 but only seems to work with the former.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.