Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Final GvG Cards and Release Date Revealed

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Acura_Max

Today, Blizzard just released the full artwork for the final 61 cards left over from the Goblins and Gnomes expansion. With this new press release, Blizzard has signaled that the expansion will drop very soon. So, without further ado, here are the cards. Enjoy!

Edit: Blizzard has revealed on their blog that the expansion will hit Windows®, Mac®, and iPad® on December 8 in the Americas region (including Southeast Asia and Oceania), and roll out on December 9 to Europe, Korea, Taiwan, and China throughout the day.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

That is a lot of shit to digest.

Thoughts on Legendaries: Flame Leviathan would be interesting as a 6/8, not very good at 7/7. Mal'Ganis is completely nuts. Gallywix is good, who knows how good. Neptulon is probably trash but maybe there will be a deck for it; certainly doesn't need overload. Vol'jin is really interesting. Malorne is probably quite good in arena, not very good in constructed. Iron Juggernaut is lulzrandom, fits in control warrior. Nesingwary is good in arena, crap in constructed most likely. Troggzor is nuts. Mogor sucks but will probably have some amusing results. Gazlowe is difficult to evaluate; probably okay.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By BisonHero

Man, forums ate my comment. Goddamn you, mobile version.

Neptulon seems like the worst class legendary in the game now. I've never seen a Murloc Shaman deck, and the Murloc decks I have seen generally want to be pretty close to winning by turn 6 or 7. A War Golem that gives you a bunch of Murlocs you can't play until next turn and 3 Overload really doesn't seem like the finisher that sort of deck needs. It'll just get Big Game Hunter'd or something, unless your opponent has already burned all his removal spells on...Sea Giants or Murloc Warleaders or something?

Yeah, Mal'Ganis is totally nuts. Between him and Voidcaller, Demon Warlock is much more playable than it used to be.

Also, it's adorable that they're making more Pirate synergy cards, as if anyone is ever going to use them. The only Pirate cards I've ever seen played against me are the common ones that fit in Warrior and Rogue decks because of basic weapon synergy (the 2/3 with attack power gain based on weapons, and sometimes the 3/3 Taunt). I wish they'd make more cards that make use of the Totem subtype, since I think the only thing that references them at all is Totemic Might, which I feel like is wildly misnamed.

Anyway, the other cards all seem pretty rad.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Acura_Max

@bisonhero: @fredchuckdave: Blizzard has revealed the release date. We will see this expansion rollout on Dec. 8th in the Americas and Dec. 9th for Europe and most of Asia.

They've also introduced some balance changes:

During the development of Goblins vs Gnomes, we kept an eye on the state of game balance as more Hearthstone matches were played with the new cards we introduced with Curse of Naxxramas. After careful consideration we have decided to make balance changes to the following cards: Soulfire (Warlock), Gadgetzan Auctioneer (Neutral), and Flare (Hunter)

The following balance changes will be made in an upcoming patch:

• Soulfire now costs 1 (up from 0)
      • Soulfire, along with fast and powerful minions, allowed Warlock rush decks to get ahead on the board and stay ahead. We’ve upped Soulfire’s mana cost by 1 to slow down the Warlock rush deck just a bit and allow more players time to react and interact against the Warlock.
    • Gadgetzan Auctioneer now costs 6 (up from 5)
      • Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s ability allows for a player to potentially draw many cards for little cost. Card draw and card advantage are important to the game—overall, games are less interesting when a player draws their entire deck. This change brings Gadgetzan Auctioneer’s cost more in line with its power level.
    • Flare now costs 2 (up from 1)
      • Flare allowed the Hunter an advantage versus decks that revolve around Secrets, while also allowing the Hunter to draw a card for little cost. We want to encourage a variety of decks in Hearthstone. With this change, Flare will continue to be useful against decks playing Secrets, but will be weaker against other decks

We will continue to make balance changes to Hearthstone when we feel they are necessary in order to increase the variety of cards seen at all levels of play, with the goal of making Hearthstone a more fun and interactive game for everyone.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Auctioneer nerf seems totally fine. At least they didn't nerf it into the Stone Age like they did with Starving Buzzard.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#6  Edited By alistercat

Recycle seems way too expensive considering an assassinate is 5, a sap is 2, a fireball is 4 etc.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: Yup, recycle at 4 mana would be good, at 5 mana it would be mediocre to poor, at 6 it's just really crap. For all intents and purposes it's a druid's Cairne/Sylvanas counter and nothing else. Those cards weren't really crippling to Druid in the first place, even if they were good; but they're always good (though Cairne is boring in my opinion). Not as bad as it looks but not good either.

Soulfire is probably still the best removal in the game. Auctioneer nerf hurts Miracle a lot but doesn't hurt other spell decks that much.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm way more excited for a real demon deck than a pirate or mech one now. Floating Watcher is basically guaranteed to get out of control if it lives a turn. Kezan Mystic seems good but too bad there isn't just a 2 mana, "destroy all enemy secrets" neutral. I guess they didn't want to discourage secrets too much after bringing them back with Naxx.

Iron Juggernaut seems awesome. A 16/5 that denies your opponent a draw. I know what I'm crafting first!! Crush will be a welcome addition as well. I think BGH can probably be subbed out to make room for it. It will be interesting finding the perfect balance for this new stuff.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#9 FinalDasa  Moderator

I love how complicated and intricate the strategy and the cards are getting. But I'm afraid at some point it'll be too complicated to jump back into like real-life TGCs are.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat said:

Recycle seems way too expensive considering an assassinate is 5, a sap is 2, a fireball is 4 etc.

I mean, keep in mind that unlike Sap, it might as well read "Your opponent draws -1 cards", in that you're basically denying them a topdeck later in the game when they re-draw the card you hit with Recycle that they've already drawn once earlier in the game. But yes, even given that, the card should cost at most 5 (4 would be quite reasonable as well). Then again, Blizzard seems hellbent on giving Druid very few solid removal spells other than damage spells; Druid's cards that are just flatout "destroy a minion/all minions" are all pretty inconvenient to use, or have to be used in a very specific situation.

I guess what I mean is that Blizzard is used to overcharging Druid for removal spells, or giving them removal spells that are difficult to use in some way.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I was hoping there would be more commons than epics and legendary cards, but no luck. A lot of those cards look real good though... Good thing I saved all my coins from October and November! Many packs will be opened. Looking forward to adding all those new spells to they're respective classes. Also dark wispers: I want to see someone play 5 wisps!

And most important of all: MORE MURLOCS! (Even though I don't have a murloc deck yet)

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By InternetDotCom

This is going to be fun

No Caption Provided

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess what I mean is that Blizzard is used to overcharging Druid for removal spells, or giving them removal spells that are difficult to use in some way.

As well they should. Druid players are playing Cairne on turn 2. They're can't cry about lack of removal.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hansolol said:

@bisonhero said:

As well they should. Druid players are playing Cairne on turn 2. They're can't cry about lack of removal.

Indeed, it's totally reasonable. They have crazy mana ramp, plus some beefy Druid-only creatures, plus all the bullshit value Legendaries that everybody plays. So between all that, they need a weakness, which is their removal.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By recroulette

Trying to push Shaman Murloc decks irritates the hell out of me, but I'll shut up because of that 2 cost 3/2 with Windfury and no Overload.

Also, the "attack the wrong enemy" thing seems neat. I hope it allows you to bypass taunts.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@recspec said:

Trying to push Shaman Murloc decks irritates the hell out of me, but I'll shut up because of that 2 cost 3/2 with Windfury and no Overload.

It's almost like it never occurred to Blizzard that for any strategy that involves just using a bunch of neutral cards (Giants and Twilight Drake, or Murlocs), people were just going to use Warlock because it generally has a useful hero power, pretty decent removal, and (until recently) the demons were mostly garbage so you had to fill your deck with neutral minions anyway.

And now they're frantically trying to bolt things onto Shaman so that people don't play Murlock Warlock anymore. Which I bet they still will, because the problem with Murloc decks is that without card draw you're gonna play out your whole hand by turn 5 or 6 (or earlier, depending on the draw), and Shaman has some of the worst card draw in the game, so you're gonna be sitting there like a jackass with no cards in your hand unless you happen to Far Sight into a Neptulon. They're trying to fix that with Siltfin Spiritwalker, but that's basically betting your entire gameplan on you having that card in hand on turn 4 and then suiciding a bunch of Murlocs; if you didn't draw it, Shaman's other card draw options are pretty bad.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@recspec said:

Also, the "attack the wrong enemy" thing seems neat. I hope it allows you to bypass taunts.

It bypasses taunts and you can attack stealth minions with it.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

December 8th!!

Holy crap Blizzard, so excited right now all the cards they've released are crazy game changers.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Summon Jaraxxus then Mal'Gunis. You then summon 2 mana 8-8 infernals, hit for 3 damage while being immune.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MezZa

@alistercat said:

That'll depend on how important not triggering deathrattle is to you. Assassinate and fireball would both trigger deathrattles, and if you owled for silence it would cost more or be equivalent in cost to this hard removal. Not to mention druid is weak on hard removal to begin with. It seems fine to me. Better than druid's other current removal options unless you use it on a battlecry minion. There is a lot of focus on deathrattles right now, and even more good deathrattles are coming in GvG. It effectively works as a removal and a silence unless your opponent wants to replay the card whenever they happen to draw it again. Which could hurt them more than it hurts you in the late game depending on the cost of the minion. I would probably run one to begin with and see how it pans out to counter some of the crazier minions. I don't particularly see a reason to run two. Could also be useful for a token/midrange druid to remove that pesky taunt in order to let you hit to the face for the win, but thats a bit more situational and requires you to have a good board setup already. Plus I think at that point I'd rather just have Black Knight for the same cost and a body, so now that I think about it, nevermind that idea.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By BBAlpert

King of Beasts' battlecry sounds awfully vague. "Gain +1 attack for each other beast you have."

What does "each other beast you have" mean? I'm assuming it means each other beast that is in play on your side, but it could also be interpreted to include any beasts you have in your hand, too. Hell, what if it means "+1 attack for each other beast you have in your deck"?

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert: It's beasts on the board. I guess the card would have been too wordy to mirror the text of Frostwolf Warlord. There have always been slight problems with the verbiage on Hearthstone cards, though. They don't want the card texts to be too long or complicated.

I think the one I have the most problem with is Lightbomb. It says: "Deal damage to each minion equal to its attack." Originally, I thought this was a mistake and that it meant that you choose a minion and then all minions take that attack damage. Kind of like Shadowflame. In my opinion it should read: "Deal damage to each minion equal to that minion's respective attack value."

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hansolol: Yeah, Hearthstone feels like the initial release of Magic, back when there was no rules text consistency and every card was basically an independent entity that was expected to be self explanatory.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

You can now play with the GVG cards in Arena. I got Toshley and some other not-super-exciting ones for my first run.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somehow I got a Druid deck with 2 tigers and a turtle so I actually picked 2 druids of the fang, should be interesting.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blizzard is awesome, just sneakly releasing all the cards into the Arena.

I didn't know about it until i played Arena and was greeted by a shielded minibot first pick! I was so confused, had to look up if it was a bug or something. Nope just Blizzard being cool.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, so what the fuck? Is GvG out or not? Because guess what, Blizzard, it's super sloppy coding that Malorne (and presumably all Beasts from GvG?) are possible drops from Webspinner already, even outside of Arena.

I know it's super RNG and will rarely happen, but I also feel like Webspinner should only be able to pull Hunter or neutral Beasts. Randomly pulling Druid Beasts from GvG into a Hunter deck, where the Beast synergy is way easier to pull off, seems kinda stupid.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for GvG to change things up tomorrow. I'm sooooooo ready for Hunter and Zoo to either go away or change completely. I've been skipping 40-50% of the tournaments I've been watching lately because those 2 are so boring to watch. It doesn't even matter who's using the deck or what deck they're going against. I'm skipping them all at this point. So sad to see guys like Strifecro bring Zoo to tournaments. Blah. I really hope aggro takes a break for a while.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.