*** 7/26 - FINAL SCHEDULE SET ***
Right now @starvinggamer and @sir_gunblade are doing the losers final off stream. Following their matchup, it will be me vs the winner in a best of 5. Feel free to come hang out on my twitch channel and watch me get my ass kicked. www.twitch.tv/c0v3rt
It's been two months in the making, but The Inaugural GiantBomb Hearthstone Scrub League Tournament is coming to a close. After all the BM and emoting - we are down to 4. Today is the penultimate step towards the finals as I will face-off against the man, the myth, the legend... sir_gunblade in the would-have-been-grand-finals-if-we-didnt-change-it-to-double-elimination round. Meanwhile GiantBomb community staple StarvingGamer squares off against the the hooker with a heart of gold, Chim21 in a fight to stay alive.
Here's the schedule for the rest of the tournament. Times are tenative. I'll be broadcasting my game on a 10 minute delay in addition to posting the VOD. If anyone else is broadcasting, I'll make sure to share their twitch info as well.
7/26 - 7:00 PM Central
1) C0V3RT vs sir_gunblade (immediately followed by...)
2) StarvingGamer vs Chim21
8/2 - Time TBD
3) L1 vs W2
4) W3 vs W1
5) W4 vs L4 (if needed)
C0V3RT Stream - twitch.tv/c0v3rt
Chim21 Stream - www.twitch.tv/thechim21
Ladies and gentlemen, prepare your bodies for the first ever VinnCo Industries Presents: The Inaugural Official Giant Bomb Hearthstone Scrub League Tournament! Over the upcoming weeks, 43 competitors from all around the world compete to determine who is the least awful at Hearthstone.
Bracket on Challonge: http://challonge.com/xn985xno
Round 1: June 1 - June 4
Round 2: June 5 - June 9
Round 3: June 9 - June 13
Quarterfinals: June 14 - June 18
Semifinals: June 19 - June 23
Finals: June 24 - June 28
- King of Hill format
- Best of 3 for rounds 1, 2, 3, and quarterfinals
- Best of 5 for the semifinals and finals
- Winner reports results to me via PM (please provide the match score)
- Full list of rules can be found in the sign-up thread.
Player A: Priest, Warrior, Druid // Player B: Rogue, Shaman, Warlock
- Each match is best of 3 games (except the semifinals and finals)
- For the first game, each player will select a deck from the pool of three they submitted upon registration. They do not have to play the decks in the order they are listed.
- Player A chooses to play Druid, Player B chooses to play Warlock
- Player A wins, and must play their same Druid deck again in game 2. Player B chooses between the Rogue or Shaman deck. If player B loses again, they are eliminated.
- Player B chooses Rogue and wins game 2. This sets up a winner take all game 3. Player B must play their same Rogue deck, Player A chooses from their unused Priest or Warrior deck.
- Player A foolishly chooses the underpowered Priest and loses to Player B's Rogue again. Player A is eliminated and Player B advances.
- At no point between games or matches to the tournament can you modify your deck. This is to avoid hard countering. I can't enforce it since there is no spectator mode, so just don't do it.
- BNet ID's and classes can be found here.
- This is just for fun, so don't be a jerk.
- Starting a match with the "Threaten" emote is the equivalent of saying "Good Luck, Have Batman."
- Please use this thread for scheduling. In the event your game doesn't get played, I will award the match to whomever put in the most effort to getting their games played.
- Screenshots or video are completely optional, but may be used if someone both parties report a different result. In the event no one can provide proof, the match will have to be replayed.
- I have no problem facilitating the tournament, but want to moderate as little as possible, so be cool.
- If you have any questions or aren't clear on anything, please don't assume and just ask.