Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Fireside Gathering: Hearthstone Community Event

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By white

For those who are unaware, Hearthstone implemented a card back system, which act like different backgrounds used in card sleeves. One of such cards backs is the "Fireside Friends" card back, which is only obtainable by participating in the "Fireside Gathering" event on April 26th till god knows when (they didn't say).

The criteria to qualify for the card back is the following:

1. Play THREE games with people logged into Hearthstone within your IP + Subnet Mask and...
    2. A minimum of THREE people (including yourself) must be logged into Hearthstone within your IP + Subnet Mask while you complete each game.

I'm sure many people who read this are lonely pricks like myself who want to get this card back but do not have friends that play Hearthstone in their immediate vicinity So how about we try out some VPN solutions come April 26? Who else is interested in getting this card back? Does anyone have their own private VPN for loan?

The VPN on my Asus router sadly segregates VPN users into a different subnet so it won't qualify for this event. Infact, it puts them with a /32 mask that I have no control over.

EDIT: @generalbison has posted a helpful link to reddit on how to get the card back via a pseudo-VPN software. More info can be found here.

If you're having trouble connect to people using Evolve, try adding an exception for Hearthstone and Evolve to your Windows Firewall.

forestd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm game.

That said, I live in Europe so time zones might be an issue, and I know very little about setting up VPNs.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down! I don't know anything about VPNs though....

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'm a lonely price who'd like this card back. Count me in if this is set up!

Rustafur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rustafur

Hearthstone cardbacks? YES, PLEASE. Let's make this happen!

GeneralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if you could do this with Hamachi?

(I'm just about to take a network management exam, I'm so screwed, how do I not know this?)

forestd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By forestd

@generalbison:

Apparently, this works http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2436x4/hearthstone_fireside_cardback_easy_way/

About to try it myself.

Edit:

It works! I joined this room linked in the reddit thread and its very simple, you just go to the friends menu and challenge others nearby, and you don't even have to play three complete games, its enough to concede all of them.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Indeed, they' figured it out. That evolve program is pretty neat.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems evolve crashed and hasn't been working for a few hours. Is it just this weekend that we can get the back or can I try again tomorrow?

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forestd said:

@generalbison:

Apparently, this works http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/2436x4/hearthstone_fireside_cardback_easy_way/

About to try it myself.

Edit:

It works! I joined this room linked in the reddit thread and its very simple, you just go to the friends menu and challenge others nearby, and you don't even have to play three complete games, its enough to concede all of them.

Thanks for the link. It works fine, but the software couldn't effectively handle the LAN emulation. Had to do run it a few times before getting the card back.

For those of you who have a problem connecting, add an exception for HS and Evolve to your Windows Firewall, both incoming and outgoing and both to TCP and UDP.

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
    perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes!!!!! i would like to as well someone point me in the right direction

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.