Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Kind Souls of Giantbomb, Hearthstone Beta Key Please??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Giantbomb community, I would like to receive a free BMW, please give it to me.

@paulpredator, you and I have about the same odds of getting what we're asking for.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

There's only a few thousand keys and hundreds of thousands of people that want one. The beta's just for press it appears; maybe they'll scale up right before release but right now the scarcity + streamers is driving the hype. It's not really a beta in the traditional sense since the game is virtually complete.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@fredchuckdave: There's already plenty of community give-aways going on all over the place. Also, if the game shipped with the current cards it would be completely broken. It's severely lacking in choice of synergies, leaving certain classes immensely stronger than others. If your deck doesn't support spellpower, pirate(weapon) or murloc builds it's pretty much strangheld to the basic class design, which in several cases is not very strong.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@ares42: Balance is not a beta issue; it's a long term always-an-issue issue; beta issue is technical stuff like you know running with at least a few hundred thousand accounts at once and how that impacts the servers. There are a handful of bugs in the game but really not very many; almost every released game has more bugs than this. There's like giveaways of 1-2 keys and a vast number of a couple hundred keys on the facebook website competing with over a hundred thousand participants; when you get a key randomly let me know; I'd like to benefit from charity as well.

The coin is probably going to get nerfed but as for wide sweeping changes it would be hard to implement with such a limited amount of feedback.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@paulpredator: I'm pretty sure you aren't suppose to be begging for keys as a forum rule.

Also if you want to play so badly (as do I) just wait until the beta goes open or when the game actually comes out.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Large wave went out today, check your email; price should be going down as well.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I... uh... I would actually like a beta key, as well. ha. But yeah, it seems unlikely that people are going to just be giving them out around these parts. Not to mention, I don't think we're supposed to make request threads like this. ha.

Anyway, yeah, Hearthstone. Good stuff. Hope I get in eventually to try it out for myself.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

What I want to know is when this thing comes out for realzies, will there be some sort of redundant physical accessory that I can use to strap an IPad to my forearm and pretend I'm the meanest duelist Hearthstoner in the world?

Y'know, like that other awesome card game.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BMW's are available to buy all over the world. I can easily buy one or just take my dads out for a drive...

Never before have I been more tempted to post a stupid facepalm gif. Maybe just get daddy to buy you another game to play while you're waiting for this one to actually be released?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

This should have been locked a long time ago. Giant Bomb is not the place to sooicit beta keys. Thank you, please drive through.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.