Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Looking for an automated deck builder

thejke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am very bad a building decks, so I am looking for a website/program where people post good decks. I would then enter all the cards I currently have, and it would match my cards with decks that I could build. I have not spent any money, so I have a very limited set of cards, so it is very difficult for me to find a deck that I can build that someone else has posted.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

nothing automatic but HearthHead and HearthPwn both have deck builders and deck repositories for you to copy off of.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

For what it's worth, I do recommend trying your best to look a little bit into deck making fundamentals. It's actually a lot easier when you only have commons to work with, because there just aren't that many synergies you even have to worry about taking advantage of. You can look up some basic concepts like a "mana curve" and "card advantage", and figure out a rough ratio of how many spells/equipment vs. minions your deck should have.

When starting out, pick a class you feel comfortable playing, where you know which class cards are pretty good and how to use them, and which class cards require too much setup and/or don't really have enough impact (Totemic Might, for example, is hardly ever worth using). Fill out the rest of the deck with common neutral minions that seem reasonably annoying for your opponent to get rid of for their mana cost. Chillwind Yeti, Harvest Golem, Argent Squire, and a few others fit that bill.

And keep in mind that no matter how well you do this, your deck will be kind underpowered because most of the classes have some pretty key cards to their whole strategy, and often those cards are rare or epic. It takes time, and when your deck is mostly commons, you might as well mess around with it yourself, because even if you look one up online, it's not going to be totally amazing or anything.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Another utility is TempoStorm.com. It's the site for an "official" Hearthstone team created by one of my favorite Hearthstone Streamers, Reynad. A lot of the videos they have there are premium (don't pay for premium) - but they do deck techs where they walk you through the decks, explain why each card is in the deck, and show you the deck played in action.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I randomly made this earlier, 8 rares I think (not counting the free Nerubian Eggs), before Unstable Ghoul comes around its pretty silly, and the 3/7 Void Terror two 4/4s turn 3 dream is nice:

No Caption Provided

Void Terror seems like its going to be a fairly common card in most future warlock decks, as with echoing ooze/kings for paladins.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave: Looks like fun. Did you try it with Ancient Watchers at all, in place of maybe the Shieldbearers or Defender of Argus?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@bisonhero: Argus (or sunfury protector) is mandatory, shieldbearer is definitely up in the air. This deck will eventually shift to the midgame along with the meta and it'll have leeroy/shadowflame etc. (I refuse to craft Leeroy for the time being), at that point I'm not sure if any 1 drop other than argent squire sticks around. Shieldbearer mainly counters warrior, but it might suck once the 4 attack warrior weapon is around. I think Flame Imp is soon to be a dead card outside of arena, though maybe not forever. Seems like it totally annihilates miracle.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Just your everyday average game against miracle (he even had betrayal, didn't matter much):

No Caption Provided

I put in Hellfire instead of Argent squire, seems to work out pretty well if you're behind or for lategame damage.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's 2014, you should probably learn what Google is. Guess what pops up if you Google best basic deck.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Honestly, anything by Trump is a sure thing. He even has really well made 'free-to-play' decks that won't cost you a dime, or any time invested to get. I'm pretty sure he's even made it to legendary with those decks, but I could be mistaken.

I'd start there, and then start to build more complex decks as you go.

locksleyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The iPad app "Deck Simulator for Hearthstone" allows you to test different card and deck ideas using simulations without having owned the cards yourself. It won't do all the deckmaking for you but it can be a valuable tool to assist in deck construction and avoid wasting precious dust.

You can see more about the app here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deck-simulator-for-hearthstone/id914214349?mt=8https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deck-simulator-for-hearthstone/id914214349?mt=8

The app has a blog here which contains posts about it's features here:

http://decksimulatorforhearthstone.wordpress.comhttp://decksimulatorforhearthstone.wordpress.com

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.