Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Naxxramas Pricing Announced

BetterBuckleUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BetterBuckleUp
    No Caption Provided

700 Gold per wing or $6.99 a pop, with bundle deals as pictured.

First wing is free during the month-long "launch event," with a new paid wing opening each week throughout.

UPDATE: Set to release on July 22.

All in all, I'd say thats reasonable considering theres a legendary card in each wing. It'd take a miracle to accrue the 1600 dust you need for a legendary from the roughly equivalent 4 arena runs you'd normally be paying into, so I guess they're cutting me a deal?

At 400 gold right now though, its time for me to start hoarding...

Read it with all of Blizzard's obnoxious puns HERE

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I don't feel good using my paypal account for arena runs, so I just use gold, but it's nice that I can give them some real money for some real content.

BetterBuckleUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alistercat: I've been completely free-to-play on this game as a matter of pride, but if I was going to break down and finally pay these guys for the amazing game they've put out, now would be that time.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

700 gold is a totally reasonable price for in game currency, About a weeks worth of dalies + a couple extra games for me. Might just pay 20 bucks for it all though.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's less gold than I already have so sweet.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By C0V3RT

The gold is a little on the higher side, but given that it's not real currency that's probably to be expected. I've got 4200 gold saved up right now, but $20 is super reasonable and could put that gold towards packs. Decisions decisions...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

@betterbuckleup: It's one of the rare, true free to play games. Unfortunately I love arena and it's all I want to play. I usually have enough gold but once or twice I get the urge.

aerobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So there's five wings, but if we get it when it comes out, the first one is free, right? If so, that would mean 2800 gold for the rest of it.

Shit, I've got 1500 gold saved, was really hoping it would be enough, guess I'll need to keep playing those dailies, and maybe waiting on the arena.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fredchuckdave

5300 gold here, seems fair to me.

In all honesty I was worried that it would be 10k gold, actual price seems to be right around what I expected, maybe a tad more expensive. My best deck is like 85% win rate or so in casuals, don't really need anything to improve it; I did stop playing for a few months but just have been doing dailies for a while since I returned, dailies are way more efficient in terms of how much gold you get for the time investment than arena, at least since they made it 12 wins. Used to be you could get 250-300 gold for 8 wins and that was reasonably efficient time-wise; but a 10-12 win arena run is so ridiculously time consuming for on average maybe 100 gold; guaranteed 2 wins for 46 gold vs not guaranteed 10-12 wins for 100, makes for a pretty easy decision.

Of course I have been doing arena for my brother and won 8+ every time so far (including a terrible deck that went 10 with 4 starfires).

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be happy playing just the AI if they didn't make them so goddamned stupid.

Looking forward to this though, as I don't really care a bit about laddering.

BetterBuckleUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aerobie: Math checks out to me. 2800 is the asking price if you're going all gold. Assuming you play each daily and do some ladder, you could make 100 gold a day and have the 700g asking price by the end of each week as they're released, but thats 2-3 hours a day. Just depends on how much your free-time is worth.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I'm pretty sure I had that much before I started saving for Naxxramas. Now I'm wondering if I should blow a bunch or packs to try and get a Legendary or just keep stockpiling for whatever the next thing to buy shows up.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer: It's like 1 legendary every 20ish packs so you should be safe. Also it might be a year or more before the next expansion, this is Blizzard after all. Lorewalker Cho baby!

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By C0V3RT

I committed to just spending cash on Nax so I opened 42 packs with the gold I'd saved up. I was only 25 cards away from a complete non golden set so was hoping to make a dent into that number. I only got 2 cards I didn't have, but got a ton of goldens including 3 golden epics and a golden legendary. Not too shabby.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting to save up my gold now have roughly 1200 gold but stopped playing for about a month so my gold income is a bit low. Should be able to get the requisite amount prior to all the wings being launched. Think the pricing is 100% fair.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone want to take a stab at the release date? I was inclined to guess the 15th due to some cryptic tweets, but there hasn't really been much buildup and apparently Magic The Gathering hitting that day too.

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By syz

Is it just a straight unlock for 700G per wing or are you paying 700G every time you want to go in, like an Arena ticket?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.