Another 'How is this Possible' - Race (SPOILERS)

#1 Posted by gamerover (36 posts) -

I feel kinda dumb for starting another one of these threads, but after going through two playthroughs I still don't get something. I haven't seen anyone write about them yet, so here it goes. 

This 'inconsistency' seems so obvious during the game that I felt I must have missed something when I first saw it. John Shepard and 'Scotty' clearly are white in complexion during the flashbacks, and in the picture taken of the two of them. Their origin is further established as we see their drunk white father and their mother Ann. However, Scott is black. Once again, thought I must have missed something obvious, but in the second playthrough, I noticed the pictures of him on the wall, and when Madison came to his apartment, she pulls out a picture in his draw which she concludes must be Scott when he was still in the police force. The picture is of a white man. So did I miss something so critically obvious, or did he just get some melanin injections that we didn't know about? 

#2 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

Scott is white. Not black. I don't know what you are talking about.

#3 Posted by The_Philosopher (570 posts) -

I think your crazy. I dunno what your talking about. Scott is clearly white in the flashback and the present.

#4 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

Scott is black? 

Black guy?
I think you mixed up someone.
#5 Posted by RoujinX (419 posts) -

I think you're confusing Heavy Rain with Chocolate Rain.
#6 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

What? Scott isn't black...

#7 Posted by Mayu_Zane (606 posts) -

I think someone here found a bizarre glitch that mixes up Scott's skin texture file.

In any case, you should take a photo as proof of what's happening in your game.

#8 Posted by Heartagram (1181 posts) -

Dude what? He's definitely white

#9 Posted by AuthenticM (3699 posts) -

lol

#10 Edited by handlas (2659 posts) -

is there even a black dood in Heavy Rain?   Lol....wtf. (the grave digger is the only one I remember)

#11 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

What? Scott is white.

#12 Posted by rathantoras (192 posts) -

You sure you're not thinking of mad jack?

The one behind Norman...
#13 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Wow guys its obvious Whats going on here. In the words of Jeff "bravo".

#14 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

i honestly couldn't stop laughing at this, well done. You should have gone too specsavers

#15 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

lmao

#16 Posted by Creamypies (4051 posts) -

Wow... the OP must feel really dumb right now.

#17 Posted by DeShawn2ks (1052 posts) -

I'm confooosed O_O

#18 Posted by DeathByWaffle (629 posts) -

What?

#19 Edited by Woffls (127 posts) -

Adjust your gamma settings bro.

#20 Edited by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

All the people in the mall in the beginning are white.  Just a sea of affluent suburban white folk.

And then the opening titles play and you see run down neighborhoods full up of black folk.

FRANCE!

#21 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -
@p4ddym1607 said:
" Scott is white. Not black. I don't know what you are talking about.

"
That is a surly white man if I've ever seen one...  Actually, he looks a lot like my dad.
#22 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -
@gamerover said:
" I feel kinda dumb for starting another one of these threads, but after going through two playthroughs I still don't get something. I haven't seen anyone write about them yet, so here it goes.   This 'inconsistency' seems so obvious during the game that I felt I must have missed something when I first saw it. John Shepard and 'Scotty' clearly are white in complexion during the flashbacks, and in the picture taken of the two of them. Their origin is further established as we see their drunk white father and their mother Ann. However, Scott is black. Once again, thought I must have missed something obvious, but in the second playthrough, I noticed the pictures of him on the wall, and when Madison came to his apartment, she pulls out a picture in his draw which she concludes must be Scott when he was still in the police force. The picture is of a white man. So did I miss something so critically obvious, or did he just get some melanin injections that we didn't know about?  "
ths is a joke...right?
#23 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -
@Woffls said:
" Adjust your gamma settings bro. "

Hahahah that made my hour. Thanks, man. 
#24 Posted by dancinginfernal (470 posts) -

Cool story, bro.

#25 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

duder, i think u should lay off  the heavy rain for a while.

#26 Posted by NegativeCreep (180 posts) -
@gamerover said:
" I feel kinda dumb for starting another one of these threads, but after going through two playthroughs I still don't get something. I haven't seen anyone write about them yet, so here it goes.   This 'inconsistency' seems so obvious during the game that I felt I must have missed something when I first saw it. John Shepard and 'Scotty' clearly are white in complexion during the flashbacks, and in the picture taken of the two of them. Their origin is further established as we see their drunk white father and their mother Ann. However, Scott is black. Once again, thought I must have missed something obvious, but in the second playthrough, I noticed the pictures of him on the wall, and when Madison came to his apartment, she pulls out a picture in his draw which she concludes must be Scott when he was still in the police force. The picture is of a white man. So did I miss something so critically obvious, or did he just get some melanin injections that we didn't know about?  "
Can I buy some pot off you?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.