Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Does the story get better after the prologue? minor spoilers

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hunkulese

For a game that focuses on story I found the prologue to be super contrived. Sure a 10 year old boy may wander off in a mall but I'm supposed to believe he is going to go down an escalator, leave the mall, cross the street and then freak out and run in front of traffic? I really hope the rest of the story is a little bit more believable than that.

If there is an actual reason for the absurd behavior that is explained later please don't spoil it for me.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

No reason, but its definitely worth it to play, it gets less contrived, but i will say there are plot holes like a mother.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I'm reminded of the E3 bombcast where Ryan mentions how unbelievable and strange people's movement in crowds are. People wander around like morons a lot of the time. Does the story get better? Yes. The opening scenes are really slow and boring. I had originally planned on playing the game a second time right away but the opening couple of scenes are so slow. They were boring enough the second time around that I stopped playing for 6 months before I could get back to the game fresh. I think it doesn't pick up until around scene 10 of 55 (around the first scene with Madison or the Trial of the Bear).

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By landon

The very beginning of the game is contrived and can be really corny. But stick with it, it does get much much better as it goes on.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By sagesebas

@Hunkulese: The story is a very cool and interesting, It does have plot holes but that doesn't ruin the rest of the story. Very subtle for a Videogame story which I love

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Hmmm nope, did not think of it like that. Malls around here tend to get really crowdy, and kids normally escape from their parents all the time. Sometimes appearing in completely different floors and stuff like that. I guess it depends on the local culture and education.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

@Dagbiker said:

No reason, but its definitely worth it to play, it gets less contrived, but i will say there are plot holes like a mother.

Yeah, but watching that cut content video filled some of them in I suppose. I understand why they didn't use the stuff, but they should've.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mosespippy

@CL60 said:

@Dagbiker said:

Yeah, but watching that cut content video filled some of them in I suppose. I understand why they didn't use the stuff, but they should've.

I know there is one plot hole that Ryan particularly hates but it is actually explained in one of the scenes if you select the right dialogue. I only got it on my second playthrough because I was trying for different outcomes.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By stinky

who said it focused on story?

the focus is in on experimenting with game controls and mundane actions.

if you are trying to enjoy the story with as critical as a mind as you took the prologue i suggest hitting yourself in the head until you lose some IQ points.

repeat until you no longer question what you are doing in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.