Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Heavy Rain - Finished

gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By gattsu25

Holy God that game was kind of awesome. 

Two of my characters died, one in an appropriate way and the other out of spite.   

So good.

gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gattsu25

Holy God that game was kind of awesome. 

Two of my characters died, one in an appropriate way and the other out of spite.   

So good.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

Heavy Rain is an amazing game that is very memorable to me. It leaves a good long impact.

NTA_Luciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTA_Luciana

Cool story, bro.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By face15

I dunno, I didn't really like Heavy Rain that much. I mean for a game that is entirely about it's story the story wasn't very good. It wasn't original at all and there are so many plot holes. 
    For a game like that to work I think you need to go "Here's this idea for an amazing story.... and here's how we'll tell it" not "Here's this amazing way to tell a story.... oh, and I guess me need a story".

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Glad you enjoyed it.  Moar Heavy Rain plz.

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By elbon

only Norman died on me, he took a sledgehammer to the head and didn't get up

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By cancerdancer

Story is so weak. Why do all those people have key evidence from an open investigation just sitting around?

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Nasar7

I just recently played it too. Great game, managed to have all 4 characters alive at the end.

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @face15: 
    What do you define as plot holes?
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By face15
    @HypoXenophobia: Like the fact that Ethan blacks out and wake's up holding origami... Not explained. Or the fact that *SPOILERS* Scott's thoughts are way out of context through many of the scenes just so it doesn't seem like he's the killer. 
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @face15: 
    How are they out of context? He was creating a ruse with the rich kid as a frame up. As for Ethan blacking out, that's not really plot hole.
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By face15
    @HypoXenophobia: Things like Scott thinking "Oh, I wonder what's taking Manfred so long" just after he has killed him are out of context. Remember that these are meant to be internal thoughts, he's not actually saying it as part of his disguise, he's thinking it.  
    And Ethan's actual black outs aren't a plot hole, but the fact that he's holding origami when he wakes up is. There is no realistic explanation for that.
    HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HypoXenophobia
    @face15: 
    Contextually, couldn't he be saying "why is Manfred taking so long?" as possibly to die or get in a position to be killed away from view? I don't remember the scene exactly as I haven't played it in months. I think a lot of it could be explained depending on your ending. I got a relatively good ending, so I wasn't that confused by the end. I was personally a bit more intrigued Jayden during the story. So, divided attention I guess.
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By face15
    @HypoXenophobia: Yeah, I got a pretty good ending too. I'm not trying to say the game was terrible, just that for a game that was so story heavy I think it should have had a better plot than it did. 
    gattsu25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gattsu25

Warning.  Thar be spoilers below. 

Jayden died within the ARI, with blood seeping out of his eyes and nose.  It was a creepy moment when I realized that his eyes were bleeding, but seeing him die in that state was terribly fitting given the course of actions I took throughout the game (used the drugs at every opportunity).  Scott died after getting shot twice by Ethan and falling into the water.  This was the 'spite' death. 

Really, I thought the game was entertaining.  It had some holes, but nothing that detracted from my enjoyment.  Jayden's death went a long way toward making this game VERY memorable for me.  The finger cutting scene was also memorable and depressing.    

Early on, when Ethan is with his son at the playground, was the "moment of the game" for me.  Ethan knows that his negligence had cost him his job(?), one of his boys, his wife, and the affection of his surviving son.  He fears he is losing his mind and even in these circumstances he sees that his son is drifting away from him farther than possibly imagine.  His son is also suffering from depression and it burns him to see that his own child has nothing to look forward to.  Trying to lift his son's spirits, he begins to play with him and the boy smiles for the first time in what was probably weeks.  He continues to play with his son and his son takes on qualities that he has lost.  The entire time this scene plays out the characters or oblivious to the dark days that are ahead.  The character are entirely unaware of what you, the player, know will come. 

Loved that. 

The game isn't perfect, but it resonated with me on a personal level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.