Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

I think i broke Heavy Rain

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Phished0ne

So here goes, spoiler free because its not necessary for the story i am telling. I was busy playing heavy rain, my friend called me and told me he would be here in a few minutes to pick me up, so i quit but before i quit, i got a trophy. Now, the game didn't save before i quit, but i got the trophy anyway. 

Friend calls me back, tells me hes going to be a bit late, so i boot the game back up and try to load my game..it wont load, it goes to the loading screen of Jayden's face then goes to black and sits there, i can access the pause menus and the controls screen, my game just wont load. I guess i'll have to start over.  Anyone else have something like this happen to them? My first thought was it was a time paradox from me getting the trophy and then quitting before it could save, causing the ps3 to see i have a trophy for a part of the game i haven't finished yet.  But then i thought, well if that was it, it would happen when someone tried to start a new game..any ideas?

tomte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tomte

i think i got all trophies while the game was auto saving between the chapters, please don't tell me that you turned of your game at this point...

Colf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Colf

You should have just kept playing until he came.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

You probably corrupted your save file

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

You probably turned it off while the game was auto-saving, and this probably caused the file to be corrupted.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By iam3green

i say see if u can load any of the other chapters and restart from there. if that does not work then u are going to have totally restart the game.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Ryax
    @Colf said:
    " You should have just kept playing until he came. "
    heh
    Avatar image for turboninjapanda
    TurboNinjaPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TurboNinjaPanda

It sounds to me like a corrupted save file.  Did you turn the game off before then next chapter finished loading? 

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By the8bitNacho

Yep, definitely sounds like you turned off your console while the game was auto-saving like pretty much everyone else in the thread is saying.  That's the only point at which trophies are awarded.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.