Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

So, how different was your ending? *MAJOR SPOILERS*

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By arcade78

So, i just finished the game, it was awesome, i didnt see that coming (i like that). 

Anyway major spoilers obviously: 
    Jayden OD'd while in the ARI (i was a little confused by this, they hint allot that the ARI has some negative affects on him...) 
    Ethan's now missing a finger and saves shaun 
    Shelby's alive and still roaming the streets 
    Madison got shot up by shelby in the last scene (i intentionally let her die, at the time i thought ethan was killed so i was pissed) 
    Blake gets the ARI, goes into it, and meets Jayden there (what?) and then cliffhanger... 

Did anyone get something majority different? Because in some interviews they stated there were a ton of extremely different outcomes.

Lavapotamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lavapotamus

Ugh, my Ethan lost his finger too. I had a suspicion that it was possible to avoid that outcome considering the amount of time you're given in that room, but I couldn't figure it out! Ethan went on to save Shaun though, I was proud of that.
    Jayden convinced me that Blake was the Oragami killer, so I uh...walked out into the police station and attempted to arrest him at gunpoint. Definitely backfired, he got sent back to wherever he came from, and he resigned from there.
    Madison killed off Shelby in an epic fight on some heavy machinery, ended up moving in with Ethan. 

I kind of want to play through it again in an attempt to get a completely different ending...

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dingofighter

It was a while since I finished the game, so I don't remember what happened to everyone but as far as I can remember: 
    Madison wrote a book about the events of the game, i think. 
    Ethan lost a finger, but saved Shaun. 
    Shelby died. 
    Can't remember what happened to Jayden, but I don't think it was anything bad. 

Also, I think there was some suspicious looking person at Madison's book signing, hinting that not everything is as it should be.  
    This thread made me realize I want to play Heavy Rain again, now that I can't remember how things are going to play out anymore.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stinky

jayden was OK, but was having hallucinations from the ARI. 
    Ethan lost a finger, but saved Shaun. 
    Shelby died, fight with ethan on a conveyor belt.
    madison, i cant remember what happened, too long ago, but she survived.  hooked up with ethan if i remember correctly.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aetheldod
    @stinky said:
    "  jayden was OK, but was having hallucinations from the ARI.  Ethan lost a finger, but saved Shaun. Shelby died, fight with ethan on a conveyor belt.madison, i cant remember what happened, too long ago, but she survived.  hooked up with ethan if i remember correctly. "
    Almost the same , except Jayden died on me
      I didnt liked this game as much as you guys , gameplay aside (which is not perfect , especially when you have to move) I thought it was poorly written , there is a lot of inconsistencies , Madison had no reason or revelance to the story aside from "the naked chick / love afair / sex scene" , Jayden parts where enganging at first but when you realize that you just keep the same clues for the majority of the game , you never find any other important piece of evidence after the first crime scene , and Shelby being the killer , was just taken out of the blue >:( Ethan's story was the good side of the game and it was a joyride that part was well written and executed (aside the walking controls)
    norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By norsedudetr

Ethan didn't save Shaun, and hung himself in his cell, Jayden was killed by that dude at garbage place, I believe Madison shot Shelby. Traded it in after that.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60

I forget what happened, all I remember is I made Madison jump out of a window and she died. 

EDIT: Oh and Shelby thew Blake into a grinder I believe.

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By 02sfraser

I got all the endings but my first play through went like this: 

Shelby was killed by Jayden and he becomes a national hero
    Ethan saves Shaun however gets shot when emerging from the building 
    Madison writes a best selling book 

To be honest I was fairly pissed about Ethan dying haha.

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By eristocrat

I played this forever ago but I think: 

Aubrey drown in the car crash.
    I purposely made Jayden OD on ARI because I like making game characters take drugs.    
    Madison died in the fire.  
    Ethan hung himself in prison because he thought he killed his son.  
    End Scene: Shelby walks around town giving a Taxi Driver style monologue about how humans are horrible.

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arcade78
    @CL60: In my playthrough, blake and shelby met for like 30 secs... 
    Has anyone been able to finish that trial without Ethan losing a finger?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60
    @arcade78 said:
    " @CL60: In my playthrough, blake and shelby met for like 30 secs... Has anyone been able to finish that trial without Ethan losing a finger? "
    I believe you can just leave the room if you want.
    ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By ZimboDK

Just finished my first playthrough.

Shelby dies in the grinder, killed by Jayden.
    Ethan saves Shaun, though he loses a finger in the process (he didn't kill the guy in one of his trials though) .
    Madison lives, and ends up moving in to a new apartment with Ethan and Shaun .
    Jayden quits the drugs and goes on national TV as a hero. Later in his office he turns off ARI, but still sees small tanks driving around on his table.
    Lauren spits on Shelby's grave (I'm surprised she didn't end up killing herself after being romantic with Shelby).

Fucking awesome game btw.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By recroulette

Jayden did everything. EVERYTHING. 
    Ethan failed, couldn't find the location (Wussy Ethan, completed 2/5 trials) 
    Madison died from jumping out the window. 
    Jayden found where Shaun was, saved him and killed Shelby. 

Also, after you beat the game. You should really try to find the deleted scenes from the game. They're kinda...whoa.

arcade78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By arcade78
    @CL60:  
    I  mean actually finish that trial and get the address without losing a finger 

@ZimboDK: Lauren was romantic with him o_O
    Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By Julmust

Absolute bullshit like all of yours.

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ZimboDK
    @arcade78 said:

@ZimboDK: Lauren was romantic with him o_O "
    Yeah, that was messed up. They kissed and he put her on a train to go to her Mother's. They were supposed to be together when Shelby had finished off Ethan and anyone else that got too close to figuring out who he was.
    Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

Jayden died. 
    Ethan saved Shaun. 
    Madison killed Shelby and convinced that Shelby was the Origami Killer, and Ethan's alright. 
    Shelby got killed. Lauren spits on his grave. 

THE END!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By FLStyle

Shelby was brought in by the police after not wiping all the fingerprints away, but was later freed and had a conversation with Blake about if Shelby had any leads.
    Lauren drowned because I got confused with which was get out of the car and which was free Lauren so Shelby just swam away.
    Ethan lost a finger and guessed the wrong place because I didn't complete enough challenges, ended up in front of a restaurant.
    Jayden figured it all out and didn't OD on ARI.
    Madison found out, survived the fire and rang Jayden who told her he already knew and was already on his way.
    Madison survived and Jayden shot Shelby who fell into the grinder.
    Madison, Ethan and Shaun moved in together.
    Jayden was publicised as the big hero but stated having the tank hallucinations.
    Blake's still an asshole.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Milkman
    @ZimboDK said:
    " Just finished my first playthrough.  Shelby dies in the grinder, killed by Jayden. Ethan saves Shaun, though he loses a finger in the process (he didn't kill the guy in one of his trials though) .Madison lives, and ends up moving in to a new apartment with Ethan and Shaun .Jayden quits the drugs and goes on national TV as a hero. Later in his office he turns off ARI, but still sees small tanks driving around on his table. Lauren spits on Shelby's grave (I'm surprised she didn't end up killing herself after being romantic with Shelby).  Fucking awesome game btw. "
    This. 

Except I would hesitate to call the game "fucking awesome".
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#20  Edited By Hailinel

I had one of the worst ending combinations possible.

Ethan was convicted of being the Origami Killer and committed suicide in his cell.
    Madison died when she leaped out the window.
    Jayden overdosed on the ARI.
    Shelby got away.

God, that was depressing.

Edit:  Oh, yeah.  Lauren drowned in the car.

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By The_Drizzle

Jayden threw Shelby down into the grinder AFTER i helped that fat fuck up the first time from falling thinking he would be cool 
    Ethan saved Shaun (I did all the trials) and walked out together with Madison safely 
    Lauren died in the car and i let that old fucker die of a heart attack 
    Jayden became a hero but also started to see virtual tanks on his desk 

Also as an aside, when your in a hotel room as Jayden and it keeps switching from reality to the woods, where the hell do you throw away the drugs? It gave me what seemed like 5 seconds then he automatically took it after i spent 5 minutes flipping the six axis up to back him away from them.

kittencake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kittencake
    @The_Drizzle said:
    " Jayden threw Shelby down into the grinder AFTER i helped that fat fuck up the first time from falling thinking he would be cool Ethan saved Shaun (I did all the trials) and walked out together with Madison safely Lauren died in the car and i let that old fucker die of a heart attack Jayden became a hero but also started to see virtual tanks on his desk  Also as an aside, when your in a hotel room as Jayden and it keeps switching from reality to the woods, where the hell do you throw away the drugs? It gave me what seemed like 5 seconds then he automatically took it after i spent 5 minutes flipping the six axis up to back him away from them. "
    down the toilet... yeah, it is a bit difficult when the toilet keeps disappearing and turning into a beautiful woodland glade.

i just finished...

ethan completed all the tasks and my three main characters survived happily, ethan, madison and shaun moving in together and playing happy families, jayden becoming famous and kicking the habit. scott fell into the grinder thingy, even though i was stupid enough to help him up the first time... lauren i accidentally left to die in the car, oops.
    jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jasta

Shelby died, everyone else lived happily ever after. 

I know its probably the best ending you can get but I couldn't help but feel a little underwhelmed.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24  Edited By JasonR86

-Ethan is fingerless (I was missing two clues and had to deduce Shaun's location at the end) and saved Shaun with Madison's help.  They end up getting together and live happily ever after with Shaun in a new home.
    -Shelby is dead.  The last time the game mentions him is to show the prostitute spitting on his grave.
    -Jayden is over his habit but failed as a detective.  He resigns from his job with the implication that he wants to get his life in order.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.