Bloody cliffhanger

#1 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

It's an episodic game series, but the first episode came out in summer 2010 and the second episode is due out in fall 2011. The first episode ended with a huge cliffhanger. What the hell? This is not typical of Telltale. I know it's not Telltale developing the games, but I would've thought Telltale would hold back the release of PC/Mac/iPad versions until the second episode was ready to be published within a month.
But yeah, bloody cliffhanger. Funny-ass game nonetheless, and some really good and funny (and absolutely inappropriate) puzzles.

#2 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2296 posts) -

About  how long is it? I'm hearing its short, and since I watched the quicklook, I feel like I shrunk possibly 1-1.5 hours of play down to 10 minutes.

#3 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
@SomeDeliCook: It's maybe 2.5 hours. Big maybe. Probably could play it around 1.5 if you're good at adventure games (which I'm not). In terms of difficulty and inventiveness of puzzles, the strongest point of comparison is the Strong Bad games.
#4 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -
@buzz_killington: Really in simmer 2010? I'm surprised becouse it just showed up on Steam. Which is why I guess the GB dudes had a look at it now.
@SomeDeliCook: Yeah it is short, probably 2-3 hours, without counting the bit in the QL.
#5 Posted by PAJ89 (91 posts) -

Picked it up on the iPhone two days ago, you'll probably get one and a half, two hours at most out of it. Saying that, it was great fun. Didn't realise it had been out for so long... actually saw it on Steam first before realising it's also on iPhone. Looking forward to the next episode.

#6 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
@Tennmuerti: The iPhone version came out in summer.
#7 Posted by Getz (2997 posts) -

I beat this game in about 2 hours, and while I was highly entertained I was left kind of empty by the whole thing. It's way too easy, and aside from the jokes themselves there's not a whole lot to the plot. Funny game though.

#8 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@buzz_killington:  Yes it is.  I think you forget how slow Telltale were when they started out.  Give the new team a chance.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.