Hector fun but overpriced.

#1 Edited by ectoplasma (977 posts) -

The games really funny but really short. Too bad I didn't inform myself better before I bought it, I just really liked the writing. Paying 9$/9€(lol) for an Iphone Port with a couple of bugs whereby the original costs 3$ is just a bit disturbing. Also apparently the sound quality is broken compared to the iphone version (I thought its still acceptable, since pure voice even still sounds OK @ 128kbits). Yeah, so you might want to consider not buying it.

Edit: I also just realized that you can get it for 10$ from the TT store with an EU Ip.
#2 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

The price hike for the PC version does seem a bit lame. Guess I'll have to wait until it goes on sale. 

#3 Edited by Akrid (1356 posts) -

Is it, like, the parts in the QL and then talking down the hostage and that's it?

That price-hike does seem rather extortionate.
#4 Posted by ectoplasma (977 posts) -

Well the Hostage neogtiation is pretty long, so there is some more gameplay. I guess it's all in all about 3 hours.

#5 Posted by PAJ89 (91 posts) -

Agreed, very fun but a bit pricey. I bought the iPod/Phone version for £2.39, which I thought was acceptable, but the price on Steam (which is where I first saw it) is too much for two-or-thereabouts hours of play.

#6 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

They had to remake the whole game using the same art assets in Telltale's engine, and then they had to put in all the new hints and stuff. $10 is a little steep for 2 hours, but you know, it's a really funny and fun game.

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Hey its 10$ what could you buy for 10$ brand new that would give you 3 hours of quality fun

#8 Posted by Garris (186 posts) -

I just picked up the first episode for 99 cents on the app store here we go

#9 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

@Garris: The first is still my favorite but the second is pretty good as well. It's also longer than the first. Third is a little disappointing.

#10 Posted by Hector (3359 posts) -

Not too pricey in my opinion.

<--*wink wink!*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.