Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 25, 2012

This surprisingly Metal game stars Ash, a skeletal bunny who's the feared Prince of Hell. He's on a quest to get revenge on his arch-enemy Fat Rabbit, who has put Ash's "intimate" pictures all over the "Hell-ternet".

Hell yEAH?

Sombrero_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sombrero_Ninja

Why is no one talking about this game? Is it any good? The quick look seemed cool. Reviews have been mixed bag.

MURDERSMASH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By MURDERSMASH

This type of game is going to be polarizing. It's kinda like someone with an outspoken, opinionated personality. The people who are into it will go for it, but those who don't "get it" (not to say those who aren't into it are dumb or ignorant) will absolutely despise it.

Personally, though? This game looks right up my alley. I'm waiting for the PC release on Steam, but i'm totally buying it. I laughed a whole bunch at the Quick Look, my favorite type of games are 2D platformers, and I LOVE crazy shit if the gameplay can back it up.

Sombrero_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sombrero_Ninja

I agree, I think its pretty cool

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I played it. I think the controls are awful and you can't customize them, of course. Using R2 to shoot, really? In the levels themselves I feel the design is lazy and it's been a chore to play; one hit kill traps everywhere with checkpoints every ten seconds... A lot of work obviously went into the art assets and writing but the underlying game is pretty lame.

Sombrero_Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sombrero_Ninja

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

I played it. I think the controls are awful and you can't customize them, of course. Using R2 to shoot, really? In the levels themselves I feel the design is lazy and it's been a chore to play; one hit kill traps everywhere with checkpoints every ten seconds... A lot of work obviously went into the art assets and writing but the underlying game is pretty lame.

@MURDERSMASH said:

This type of game is going to be polarizing. It's kinda like someone with an outspoken, opinionated personality. The people who are into it will go for it, but those who don't "get it" (not to say those who aren't into it are dumb or ignorant) will absolutely despise it.

Personally, though? This game looks right up my alley. I'm waiting for the PC release on Steam, but i'm totally buying it. I laughed a whole bunch at the Quick Look, my favorite type of games are 2D platformers, and I LOVE crazy shit if the gameplay can back it up.

I guess your post really does describe what will happen to this game, Hmmm.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By handlas

Lovin it. Got to the 3rd level so far... Castlevania themed. Controls are smooth and responsive. I'm guessing the guy complaining about the controls gave it a couple of minutes and gave it no effort at all. They work perfectly. Love all the boss encounters and little mini-games that happen when you kill them. I've seen a couple of repeated boss deaths but most have been unique. Really is a shame that no one is talking about it even after Brad seemed to gush over it int he QL and Gamespot gave it a bad review which is not a surprise to me based on who reviewed it. I wish Brad would give a review for it but I guess he's busy reviewing RE6?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was totally gonna get it, but it seems to have been pushed back to next week on European XBLA. I considered just getting the PSN version, but I prefer my multiplats on the 360 so I can hold out. It's not as if I don't have a backlog that needs seeing too.

Totes gonna get it though, loved what I saw from the Quick Look.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By buzz_killington

It is fucking great. Just feels good.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rafaelfc

I love that this game exists. but I tried the demo on xbla and it just isn't my thing, it just didn't grab me.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

I'd happily buy and play the game if they allowed me control the movement with the d-pad and not the left stick.  I don't know how developers can still trip up on simple little things like that.

@SuperfluousMoniker said:

I played it. I think the controls are awful and you can't customize them, of course. Using R2 to shoot, really?

This too.  R2 to shoot sends up a red flag to me, indicating that the game is a port from the 360 version that doesn't have a lot of PS3-centric thought put into it.
    Paindamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Paindamnation

I'm stuck on the 80th monster and he does not die in this disco club, otherwise very fun game.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

It's a great game. But I got over it about half way through.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Maajin

I loved the quicklook but... I don't know... the gameplay just felt wrong.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#14  Edited By Daneian

I like all the presentation and ideas and most of the controls, but also got very frustrated doing some of the platform stuff to the point where I turned it off.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

I like it, good platforming shmup gameplay, sorta like Silhouette Mirage.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By handlas

Just gotta reiterate how awesome this game is again. I just got the spaceship part. The game just keeps giving you more fun things to do. This is like my GOTY I think... I'm shocked.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

The game is bananas. I agree its a travesty that no one is talking about. Play the demo, it gets better from there if its your kind of thing.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By TheHT

@EpicSteve said:

It's a great game. But I got over it about half way through.

Is the game too long or does the novelty just drop off quick?

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Syndrom

getting it free through ps plus, no complaints here

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By xymox

I used keyboard + mouse... so maybe the experience is different with a troller, but the controls weren't great and the production quality felt like a flash game sometimes because of it.

@TheHT said:

Is the game too long or does the novelty just drop off quick?

It tries new things along the way to try and keep it fresh so it's not just kill moves. Which is good in a way because some of the kill moves start getting recycled pretty early on, but in some cases they change them up veeery slightly, such as adding a pair of shades to the animation... I got the feeling it was to show that they're aware they're recycling them but they still wanted to do something with it.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By GunstarRed

I played it for about an hour and a half. I really enjoyed it in the beginning, but was surprised how irritating it became so quickly. I thought the game would be right up my alley. The controls are a mess, they work fine in some sections, but are a nightmare in others. There's just some really shittily designed stages with hazards you can't see because there's so much of everything on the screen at all times.

I'm so thankful PS+ was giving it away for free, I assume if I'd just played the XBLA trial I'd have gone ahead and bought it full price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.