Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Helldivers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 03, 2015

Up to 4 players shoot aliens (and possibly each other) with some help from above in this downloadable shooter for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC.

Having trouble connecting to MP games?

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to other games? I've been playing for a little while and I'm only level 3, I've only been able to get into 1 MP game so far, and only had someone join my game once even though I use the SOS beacon every mission.

To start off with I thought that I was just staring at the server list for too long and the games were filling up, but after a while I realised that the games I was trying to connect to weren't getting filled up at all. I usually get one of two messages, either something about the teleporter failing to boot, or another about there being no connection to the other players ship. I've probably tried to connect to about 20-25 games slowly inbetween solo missions with no luck.

I'm in Australia and playing on PS4

Lomilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've mainly had the problem when trying to connect to players from my friends list. Hopefully it's something that they are working on.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just managed to get into a game and we finished a mission, but then I got disconnected as we moved into the next round. Now I can't connect to the servers at all, anyone else having an issue like this or is it just my terrible internet connection? I know I'm still connected to PSN because I'm downloading some stuff in the background.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment I will have a bad run of like 4 straight games I can't join for any reason then like 20 that will be fine. Though they did occur more with my Vita than ps4.

furiousjodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've had a few games I haven't been able to connect to but I can usually find one that works.

KyleBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ohnooh said:

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to other games? I've been playing for a little while and I'm only level 3, I've only been able to get into 1 MP game so far, and only had someone join my game once even though I use the SOS beacon every mission.

To start off with I thought that I was just staring at the server list for too long and the games were filling up, but after a while I realised that the games I was trying to connect to weren't getting filled up at all. I usually get one of two messages, either something about the teleporter failing to boot, or another about there being no connection to the other players ship. I've probably tried to connect to about 20-25 games slowly inbetween solo missions with no luck.

I'm in Australia and playing on PS4

I'm playing on a PS3 in southern Ontario, Canada and I also have those same issues. My internet is solid and my PSN connection never wavers, but the Helldivers connection drops shortly after I connect to anyone's game, whether they launch or not.

In one isolated case, the Helldivers connection dropped during a single player game and booted me out of it lol

Buyers remorse is setting in a bit.

Any tips?

quirkwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am in Australia as well, my internet connection is currently totally fucked, but when I do manage to get into a game it works fine. Once I get into a game it seems to be fine, that said I have had the most problems connecting to friends games.

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

If it says failed to boot i think that may mean the lobby filled up before you connected, but I'm not sure. If you have that issue just keep refreshing and trying other lobbies.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Quipido

How did they not add the option to filter out full games?

Anyway, I think it's just sometimes not managing the load, the game is new and everyone is playing it. I had some trouble connecting to games, but mostly it has been ok. But when I start a game, even set on public and throw an SOS beacon out, no one ever connects to me. Not once - and I have open NAT and all that.

EDIT: Today it's completely fucked, I get connected one out of fifteen times. I hope they manage to iron it out as the game is boring solo at higher levels.

KyleBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I got frustrated not being able to connect to the Helldivers service or whatnot. Once I was connected, I tried playing single player. I was at the end of a mission and I lost the connection with the service and was booted out of my game and got nothing.

What the eff.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Friends list games are fucked, matching up with randoms works totally fine. What the fuck is going one with this thing?

Avatar image for poprocksandsoda
    poprocksandsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Every time I try to connect to someone else's match I get "Host Is Migrating..." and dumped back to the title screen. Is this thing just broken or is no one playing it?

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

There were deffinitely some server issues earlier tonight for longer than usual, not sure what was up with that.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I usually spend 5-10 minutes trying to connect to any number of different games before it works. But then once I get into a game it's been generally great with no lag and no drops. Almost.

Always had trouble with Magicka and Gauntlet online, so it seems like a common issue for them. Although this time it might be Sony's bad who knows.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have said that they are aware of all the issues listed in this thread and hopefully they get fixed sooner rather than later. It didn't help that the 1.02 patch only deployed to some regions and not others, like mine (EU) or Oceania, causing version mismatch errors when I want to play some intercontinental Helldivers.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

On PS4. Can't connect to friend's games. Either only shows people as online or we get failed to boot.

seakae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I can connect to friends games, but I've never once successfully joined and played a full game with strangers. It's super frustrating.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is an issue with the list of friends to join in-game, if you have 200+ friends. There is a window of opportunity after successfully finishing a mission, but if you do anything but immediately run over to the matchmaking area of the ship and bring up your friends list, it won't work. Any other time it will list all friends as offline, even though I can visibly see like 20 playing Helldivers, if I bring up the dashboard. I only get one shot at joining a friends game after finishing a mission, I can't even refresh the page, otherwise it will break again.

I hope this stuff gets sorted out, it's incredibly damning for a game like this, where it lives and dies by being able to play with others.

willywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been getting an issue where it takes a little while before I can join my friend’s game (or he can join mine). Last night we just had to kill time running around on our respective ships for 5 minutes or so before he could drop into my game. Hopefully it will be patched soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.