Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Helldivers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 03, 2015

Up to 4 players shoot aliens (and possibly each other) with some help from above in this downloadable shooter for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC.

How does everyone feel about the DLC?

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Junkboy

The post sorta got buried on the main thread so wanted to make a separate thread to see how folks were feeling about it.

Was just looking through the HK PSN Store when I found this:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-hk/helldivers-add-on-bundle-1/cid=HP9000-CUSA00631_00-0000000000000001

Some new DLC on the way:

The Commando Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape

• SMG-34 ‘Ninja’: A silenced, compact, sub machinegun

• MLS-4X ‘Commando’: A multiple missile launcher system

• The Defender Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape

• CR-9 ‘Suppressor’: A semi-automatic rifle

• AD-334 ‘Guard Dog’: A backpack drone system

• The Support Uniform, a cosmetic helmet, armor, and cape

• LAS-16 ‘Sickle’: A carbine based on laser technology

• AD-289 ‘Angel’: A backpack drone system

It's three separate packs + a bundle with all three. Hopefully we'll see it later tonight for NA when the store updates

Saw it yesterday and bought it since I think it's a fair deal to add more weapons and stratagems but I was one of the few who expected the game to be closer to $30 than the $20 it ended up being. Bought the triple bundle for 6 bucks since it's the "Best Deal". (that PvsZ QL still makes me chuckle) :p

But yeah what are folks thoughts on it? It might've not been day 1 DLC but it was basically week two DLC. I'm pretty much against most DLC and sorta feel like a hypocrite for insta buying this since it was so close to release but couldn't resist. /ashamed

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very uninterested but I'm OK with them selling it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems fine that it exists, not really that interested in buying it for the time being.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

They should probably fix some of those multiplayer issues and make cross-gen play a reality before they start selling DLC.

I still can't play with my friend on PS3 and the only reason we both bought this game was so we can play it together.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Junkboy

@humanity Unfortunately it isn't a cross play problem but a friend play problem. ; ;

That has been the most frustrating thing for my buddy and I because every time we want to play together we have to load into a planet and patiently wait till the servers "refresh" to allows one of us to join the other. It's easier to join strangers but the whole point for a lot of us is to play with folks on our friend lists.

Things have gotten better since the first week but not by much and the filtering system still needs some work.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@junkboy0: it sucks cause I'm sure that was the main reason for a lot of people to buy the game

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The only thing that kind of bothers is usefulness of the Strategems being sold. A turret that flies around and heals you or shoots enemies? Seems pretty useful.

Usually when devs start selling stuff like this in their games, I just think about what I'm missing out. I don't feel like I need to buy it, but it sure would be if I could unlock it or something. It just kind of turns me off of playing the game as a whole.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

1) it's priced well

2) I'm too broke to afford it anyways right now

3) loving the game, would buy DLC theoretically, but don't care too much about what's on offer here

4) I hope there is some free content that all players benefit from, like new planet tilesets, to keep the game feeling fresh

5) yeah fucking Helldivers!! SUPA EARTH

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rather buy some actual mini campaigns that some digital weapons and clothing.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the Stratagem side of things I will occasionally give folks stuff and when people die others sure love to pick things off the ground... Glad so many think it's at least a decent deal and haven't seem too much negativity around it so far. I wasn't sure if my love for the game was blinding me on the value proposition of the bundle.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I bought it more to support a fantastic game than anything else. The only thing I'll end up using is the CR-9, maybe

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Seems like the sort of stuff they did with Magicka early on.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Honkalot

The Sickle and Suppressor, and whatever the backpack drone system is sounds interesting.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By twi

I think the dlc is great. I like to split my time between MP and SP and the dlc is very useful in both ways! I'm all for DLC if the game is good and it allows me to further support its development.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this game during the week of its release and haven't picked it up again since. If I decide to hop back into it, then I would probably buy this without a second thought. As it is, I just spend way too much time trying to get into a lobby I actually want to play. If it weren't for that it never would have occurred to me to stop playing.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Honkalot

I played this game during the week of its release and haven't picked it up again since. If I decide to hop back into it, then I would probably buy this without a second thought. As it is, I just spend way too much time trying to get into a lobby I actually want to play. If it weren't for that it never would have occurred to me to stop playing.

I had that problem - getting errors trying to connect and only getting into every 5th game or whatever - but the patch last week seems to have fixed it for me.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really sure about the weapons, I think I'll wait to get some more feedback from other players, the CR-9 and LAS-16 sound cool, but I'm curious about the amount of damage, fire rate and the clip size when fully upgraded.

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The laser weapon is quite good, as is the healing UAV backpack thing. I'd like more content for the game, preferably more planets, enemies, objectives, that sort of thing.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honkalot said:

@spoonman671 said:

I had that problem - getting errors trying to connect and only getting into every 5th game or whatever - but the patch last week seems to have fixed it for me.

I tried again today and I'm still getting errors. I did manage to get into a game and was kicked from it within 10 seconds.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to try the MLS-4X today when I had to pick it up from a corpse during a fight. It seemed quite good from my limited use. It was great versus those stronger cyborgs that have shields, with the multiple rounds you could handle a lot more of them at once, otherwise it seemed to take a clip to maybe kill off a tank.

I haven't tried any of the other stuff though because of course the PSN store was down.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having used them both the droid backpacks are pretty kewl! Though with the droids you can't use a jetpack which is a bummer but I guess it might make it op if you had a healer bot and could fly away.

I'm mostly fine with connecting with randoms but still having issues connecting to friends like most people. ; ;

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.