Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Helldivers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Mar 03, 2015

Up to 4 players shoot aliens (and possibly each other) with some help from above in this downloadable shooter for PS3, PS4, Vita and PC.

Not a PS free March, will be $19.99 and other info.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Junkboy

Hey Guys, Arrowhead did an AMA over at Reddit and answered a bunch of questions on the game and we got word it won't be on PS plus next month. They also answered the price question which is $19.99 in the US but no word on UK/EU price but we all know you guys will get screwed on the conversion rate. /comfort

Other things of note:

• It seems that aside from capes and uniforms some perks as well as all equipment stratagems will be visible on your character in some form so your character look will be different based on stuff you pick.
    • Full cross-buy cross save and all that jazz and they're targeting 1080/60 (console only I assume). Since it's out in a week and they said "targeting" that probably means it will fluctuate and be a variable 60 instead of a locked 60fps which is fine for me but we'll find out in less than a week.
    • Game will have a rep system with commending for good duders and reporting options for trolls. Hosts will have kick options for trolls.
    • Size was guesstimated to be around 1GB which is important for some of us who plan to play on our Vita as well as home consoles. He guessed but did state he should've known the exact answer before hand. :p
    • In online play the camera will not be individual based but squad based! So the camera will find a fixed point in the "average" position of the players like if they were on the same console on one screen. They wanted to encourage squad based play and sticking together but I wish this was a toggle just because people suck and because their terribleness in spacial awareness it will fuck me over. People will run the wrong way and screw the camera up until their death and when they die and the camera will return to just me where there will be a horde of enemies in the direction I'm running that I couldn't see before... It was stated they tweaked it a lot and think it works well but this is a major down point for me. :(
    • Sony does own the IP so for the last few who where hoping for a PC release like Magicka and Gauntlet "The dream is dead" - Ongslaught MvC

Oh and best question/post was by TheGasMask4 "Does the game have a Platinum Trophy? Are there any trophies for having the nicest cape? And most importantly if I shoot my friend Tyler in the face then how many trophies do I get for it?"

Answer was "You shouldn't shoot your friends, NO TROPHIES FOR YOU!

Seriously though, we do have a Platinum Trophy. And no, you don't get a trophy for nicest cape, but you do get a trophy for spinning with the cape in the menu - "dancing queen" :) "

I'm gonna be all bout dat dancing queen boss!

Full link to that AMA here.

Also here's a link to their twitch where they had a stream yesterday, rough audio so folks with headphones turn it down.

*Trying to edit title, damn you errors!*

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0: It looks sweet, thanks for the info. I automatically like you already because of that profile picture hahahhaah, i'm sure you heard about this too.

No Caption Provided

<3

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Junkboy
    snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I have no idea what is going on in this thread

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no idea what is going on in this thread

Apologies, whenever someone comments on Berserk I fall into an eclipsing hellhole of despair. Takes me a bit to climb out of it but I have to so I can fall into Helldivers!!!!!

I am super excited it for it though, can't wait to shoot friends because they're messing up my camera which I know for a fact I will be doing!!!

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@junkboy0: ohmygodthatissofuckingcoollooking

Ummm, thanks for the HellDivers info...

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@junkboy0: I love how you are the author of every thread in this game's forum section right now.

Also I have heard about helldivers a bunch, but know nothing about it. I am going to fix that right now.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Junkboy

@ssully watch the QL and Brad's masterful Tesla Tower use!

I'm excited to play it and just want to make sure I have cool folks to play with when my buddies aren't on. I remember being five and growing up just playing Ikari Warriors, Contra, Jackal, toads, turtles ,DD, ect and just having a blast. This game just gives me the feeling of old school fun with friends plus friendly fire which means lots of more fun to be had. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.