Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Her Story

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jun 24, 2015

Players must search a fictional police database and watch live-action interviews of a woman whose husband went missing. The game is from Sam Barlow, the director of Silent Hill: Shattered Memories and Aisle.

A foolproof* way to see every video in order

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By BBAlpert

*The asterisk is there in the title because there is one factor that could cause this not to work entirely, but I don't think it should be an issue.

I'm putting this in a spoiler tag because this COMPLETELY trivializes any sense of exploration or "piecing the puzzle together" on your own. It can also be used to help nail down the last few stragglers if you get stuck trying to find all of the clips.

Hope this helps!

The search function in the game returns clips that contain your search terms (either spoken or in the notes), in chronological order. All of the clips start out with the word "BLANK" in their notes sections. Therefore, if you start on a fresh new save file, searching for "BLANK" gives you clips 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If you edit the notes of those 5 clips so that it doesn't say "BLANK" any more, searching for "BLANK" gives you clips 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. If you keep doing this, it will (or should) give you every single clip, in order.

The reason I say "should" is that there may be clips which contain the word "blank" in the dialogue. If she says something like "I'm drawing a blank", "wrote a blank check", or "had a blank expression", then those clips will still show up in "BLANK" searches even if you remove the notes. It won't be a problem unless there are 5 or more clips like that (and I honestly don't know if there are any).

samsara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Please spare yourself this tedium until you've watched the credits and used the new tools they give you to watch the clips you missed. If you still think seeing them in order matters, maybe YouTube will have it by then.

Shmellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All of the clips can be found in order in the game files, as well. The directory for me (Windows 7) containing the videos is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\HER STORY\HerStory_Data\StreamingAssets

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

Not being able to click through to videos you've already seen from the database thingy is strange. It seems like it would be helpful in getting those last remaining clips if you could see the clips before and after and extrapolate what a good search term might be. It would also be interesting to see certain things in order. I wonder what the reason was for not allowing it.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@samsara: I didn't even realize that stuff was there. I "beat" it and watched most of the credits (but I guess I missed that last part). That does make things easier.

Or I suppose one could just do what @shmellow said.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@spunkyhepanda: Yep, the (deliberately?) clunky interface prevents this from being a 5 star game for me =/ There's a lot of times where it feels a lot more frustrating than it should be...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.