HoNiversary! Free HoN, Free Coins, Redesigned Item Shop & more!!!

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

Hello everyone, Heroes of Newerth has turned a year old today and being in my top three games of 2010 I wanted to spread the word on what S2 Games are doing to celebrate their Honiversary. First, free HoN for 11 days! All you guys have to do is sign up here -   http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/create_account.php . Also, something for new and old players alike, S2 have resigned the Item Shop, Hero Guides and Tooltips. For further details into that, or anything else, click here.  This will make the learning curve shorter for you new players and help current players improve. But wait, there is more! for $40 you get 2,415 Goblin coins (used for character skins and announcers, nothing to do with gameplay) and a Heroes Of Newerth account! And they have introduced two new skins, Thor Thunderbringer and Winston Charmadon!

   Thor Thunderbringer  Winston Charmadon. 

Oh, did I mention there is more? Every player who plays during the Honiversary period will get FREE 100 silver and 100 gold coins. So new players, old players, come and check it all out! For a much more detailed description of what is going on, click here.


#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

HoN will be dead once DOTA2 comes out, so I'm not going to spend money on it.  

Plus LoL is free.

#3 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
"

                    HoN will be dead once DOTA2 comes out, so I'm not going to spend money on it.  Plus LoL is free.

                   

                "

That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks.
#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2.
#5 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
"

                    @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks.

                   

                "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2.

                   

                "


Depending on how badly Valve screws it up like TF2, LoL and HoN might die for a short while until everyone gets annoyed at the hats and go back.

Hopefully this at least makes the developers of the other two do something, especially Riot, just release the godamn stuff you've been promising people since release damnit.

#6 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it.
#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it. "
I like LOL more. 
#8 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it. "
I like LOL more.  "
To each their own, I personally don't like LoL nearly as much as Heroes of Newerth but I think people should at least play both games before deciding. 
#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it. "
I like LOL more.  "
To each their own, I personally don't like LoL nearly as much as Heroes of Newerth but I think people should at least play both games before deciding.  "
LOL you can unlock everything for free the longer your play. Money for me has all ways been limited so I can not afford to spend money on that kind of game. 
#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@Shirogane said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"

                    @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks.

                   

                "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2.

                   

                "


Depending on how badly Valve screws it up like TF2, LoL and HoN might die for a short while until everyone gets annoyed at the hats and go back.

Hopefully this at least makes the developers of the other two do something, especially Riot, just release the godamn stuff you've been promising people since release damnit.

"
Dota 2 will make both games better which is good ^__^
#11 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it. "
I like LOL more.  "
To each their own, I personally don't like LoL nearly as much as Heroes of Newerth but I think people should at least play both games before deciding.  "
LOL you can unlock everything for free the longer your play. Money for me has all ways been limited so I can not afford to spend money on that kind of game.  "
I don't know what to say, I like HoN but as I said if you like LoL then go ahead and like it, I don't see the point of arguing it.
#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it. "
I like LOL more.  "
To each their own, I personally don't like LoL nearly as much as Heroes of Newerth but I think people should at least play both games before deciding.  "
LOL you can unlock everything for free the longer your play. Money for me has all ways been limited so I can not afford to spend money on that kind of game.  "
I don't know what to say, I like HoN but as I said if you like LoL then go ahead and like it, I don't see the point of arguing it. "
Who is arguing? I am stating why I like LOL more. Its free. 
#13 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
"

                    @NekuSakuraba said:
"

                    @The_Laughing_Man said:
"

                    @NekuSakuraba said:
"

                    @The_Laughing_Man said:
"

                    @NekuSakuraba said:
"

                    @KaosAngel said:
"

                    @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks.

                   

                "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2.

                   

                "
HoN is great, and better than LoL and Dota. That's why you will play it.

                   

                "
I like LOL more. 

                   

                "
To each their own, I personally don't like LoL nearly as much as Heroes of Newerth but I think people should at least play both games before deciding. 

                   

                "
LOL you can unlock everything for free the longer your play. Money for me has all ways been limited so I can not afford to spend money on that kind of game. 

                   

                "
I don't know what to say, I like HoN but as I said if you like LoL then go ahead and like it, I don't see the point of arguing it.

                   

                "
Who is arguing? I am stating why I like LOL more. Its free. 

                   

                "


Yes yes, we get the idea, now stop spamming my inbox already!

 

I prefer LoL cause it seems to have changed stuff from DotA and simplified it a bit. Thing with HoN is, i could just play DotA instead, for free.

#14 Posted by Evilsbane (4697 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2.
#15 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" HoN will be dead once DOTA2 comes out, so I'm not going to spend money on it.  Plus LoL is free. "
I know I'm dropping LoL for DOTA2.
#16 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Shirogane said:
"That's why you don't spend money on it, and play for free for the next 11 days. It'll be a good way to avoid having Vayne in every single LoL game. Godamn Riot and their new champs every two weeks. "
LoL and HoN still don't have as many in proper DOTA thought.  Damn, I still can't figure out half the heroes in the new proper DOTA map.   I can't wait to see how LoL and HoN change once DOTA2 comes out and how badly Valve fucks it up with paid DLC like with TF2. "
Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2. "
Would like to know that to. The only thing you really HAVE to pay for is the game. And hats if you want them course they do nothing and you dont have to buy em 
#17 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Evilsbane said:
"Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2. "
Well I don't mind the changes to TF2 over the years, as I idle often...but if you go to the Steam Forums, there's a lot of people who say Valve fucked up big with the shop and whatnot.
#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Evilsbane said:
"Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2. "
Well I don't mind the changes to TF2 over the years, as I idle often...but if you go to the Steam Forums, there's a lot of people who say Valve fucked up big with the shop and whatnot. "
So you Idle and contribute nothing to the game? Anyways no they did not mess up the game. They did not change anything major that ruined it. Just added funny hats and crates. 
#19 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
"So you Idle and contribute nothing to the game? "
I do it for the hats, so it's not lost.
#20 Posted by Evilsbane (4697 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Evilsbane said:
"Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2. "
Well I don't mind the changes to TF2 over the years, as I idle often...but if you go to the Steam Forums, there's a lot of people who say Valve fucked up big with the shop and whatnot. "
So you Idle and contribute nothing to the game? Anyways no they did not mess up the game. They did not change anything major that ruined it. Just added funny hats and crates.  "
Yea all they have done is supply Free updates to a game for Far longer than any company in their right mind would bother but its paid off, a lot of people still play TF2 and I for one am thrilled that I can not touch it for 3 months come back and theres always Something new.
#21 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Evilsbane said:
"Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2. "
Well I don't mind the changes to TF2 over the years, as I idle often...but if you go to the Steam Forums, there's a lot of people who say Valve fucked up big with the shop and whatnot. "
Those are the dick bags who don't realize that the reason they get free maps, big ass content updates etc. is because of the Mann Co. Store. Team Fortress 2 is still the premier class based shooter and arguably the best multiplayer shooter out there right now.
#22 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @Evilsbane said:
"Please elaborate on how Valve Fucked up TF2. "
Well I don't mind the changes to TF2 over the years, as I idle often...but if you go to the Steam Forums, there's a lot of people who say Valve fucked up big with the shop and whatnot. "
Those are the dick bags who don't realize that the reason they get free maps, big ass content updates etc. is because of the Mann Co. Store. Team Fortress 2 is still the premier class based shooter and arguably the best multiplayer shooter out there right now. "
I stopped reading when I saw " I idle often" 
#23 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man: How else do you get hats?
#24 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: How else do you get hats? "
You play the game and not be a burden to your team. 
#25 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" @The_Laughing_Man: How else do you get hats? "
You play the game and not be a burden to your team.  "
Idle servers my friend.  Idle servers.
#26 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

This has turned into a TF2 thread, hooray!

#27 Edited by DonPixel (2603 posts) -

I hope HoN goes dead once DOTA 2 comes out .HoN comunity SUCKS BALLZ and yeah I know how to play.

Much of the blame goes to S2 and their horrible job managing this comunity. They actually promote jerkiness with all the kill streak sings and what not. LoL, Blizzard and Valve are way better encouraging and managing their communities.. To bad because HoN is a good game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.