Some thoughts and questions about the game

#1 Edited by Ultimadark (150 posts) -

I've been playing this game for a while now, and I even pre-ordered it. It doesn't seem like a lot of other people on this site are playing it however (based on the number of forum topics). 

The game has been in beta for quite some time now, and it's always easy to find servers to play on. Do you think that this will continue after the real launch of the game though, when you have to buy the game? Also the servers have been a bit unstable during the last weeks, which might affect some people who are thinking about buying it. I would hate to see the community die out after launch.

#2 Posted by Bevinsky (184 posts) -

Are you sure it's pay to play? I thought it was a one time buy. 

Anyway, I think that HoN will appeal to the majority of DotA players, so it's playerbase will most likely stay strong.

#3 Posted by Ultimadark (150 posts) -
@Bevinsky: Oh yeah, my mistake, I meant one time buy :P
#4 Posted by Phantom (182 posts) -

If anything, once free players are locked out there will be fewer idiots and griefers on.

#5 Posted by Sanryd (1367 posts) -
I think the people who already play it will ruin the experience for newcomers. I played a lot of League of Legends, and tried out HoN when the open beta began. Let me just say that I didn't particularly like it because of it's extremely fast-paced nature. I prefer a more slow, calculated, and strategic battle like in LoL. But, that wasn't my main issue. With every match I joined, the players got worse. Instead of helping out a newcomer (who wasn't even really that horrible), they just called me a douchebag 10 times a minute. There is a definite barrier to entry, not only to the gameplay itself, but to the assholes who seem to populate the user base. I went right back to LoL. (But, not for long, due to this awful, unbalanced ult. I stopped playing after I found out they would even consider something as unfair as that.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.