Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Heroes at Blizzcon (Huge reveals!)

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

Yesterday during the opening ceremony there were a few huge Heroes unveils.Here, check out the trailers for them!

Man. MAN! What a fucking Blizzcon. Arena sounds like it'll be a good time, Greymane and Lunara sound like fun heroes, a new battleground is always cool, and I love that I was right about Tracer being unveiled but man. Man! The focus has to be on Cho'Gall. He's fucking incredible! One hero, two players! It's absurd! I can't wait to get my hands on him!

Cho'Gall basically is a warrior and an assassin in one body. When you have Cho'Gall you have only 4 'heroes' but Cho'Gall has the power of two heroes and the minds of two players. Also you don't just buy Cho'Gall. Some people just get him as part of Blizzcon tickets or randomly, and you get him by playing with them. So basically he's a free hero! Also you get gold for playing with people who don't already have it so spread it as much as you can! Man what cool shit. The way it works mechanically is that Cho is the warrior and controls the positioning and auto attacks and Gall is a caster like Abathur Hat who has really strong spells to throw around. I love being a hat, Gall sounds like exactly what I'm looking for in a hero!

It's easy to get overshadowed by Cho'Gall but the other heroes sound badass too. Greymane is basically half a ranged assassin who widdles you down like Falstad who transforms into a werewolf to get in the finishing blows at melee range like more of an Illidan. They said during a panel apparently his kit is built around that cool bit of gameplay so that sounds really fun. Lunara is, like Brightwing and Hammer, a character created from a generic unit. She's the first daughter of Cenerius and a Dryad. She doesn't mount, instead being just 20% faster than normal move speed at all times. She poisons enemies with DOT, can slow them down at will once she's poisoned them and sends wisps out to scout for her. Pretty cool shit! Sounds like an assassin who's hard to get away from!

Worth mentioning the new map should be hell of fun and that Arena mode sounds like a blast. I don't have much more to say about either though, other than towns not being destroyed but being taken is... Well, I don't know how it'll work. Close games will be very weird on that battleground I'd think.

What do you guys think? Hyped? Ready to get in with a friend and tear it up as Cho'Gall?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lanechanger

Ha! You beat me to making this post, which is fine as it saves me from having to write it up XD, I'll add a bit more info/videos to this. (and honestly, good to hear someone else excited for this, the lack of players in the GB channel has been a bummer!). Here's the general overview of the new upcoming changes: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/19953230

Here's another video with more info on the arena mode which is pretty interesting (an even more bite-sized map, best of 3 with new map layout for each round, random draft of 3 heroes, only talent choice is the level 10 heroic, no leveling up, duplicate heroes allowed). It sounds super replayable if you want to just go in for some team fight action which is already a fun element of the game.

Loading Video...

And here are a bunch of pseudo hero spotlight on the new heroes:

Lunara

Loading Video...

Greymane

Loading Video...

Cho'Gall

Loading Video...

There's also already a hero page here including details on the 2 quests during the cho'gall buddy brawl event: http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes/chogall/

But yeah, super stoked for these changes! Arena mode sounds like it'll be interesting at the very least. As someone who likes the shorter game time of HotS over DOTA and LoL, an even more bite-sized mode is right up my alley. I could see some problems like I don't know if they'll have some algorithm to the 3 random heroes like always give certain roles so that one team is screwed out of a healer or something. The RNG could be off-putting but the possibilities of duplicate heroes open up for some new level of craziness! The fact that you're only choosing a lvl 10 heroic would mean no 1,4,7 talents which would mean no blocks, amplified healing, healing ward, first aid, envenom, etc, etc not to mention hero specific talents that are more integral to the build. (can kharazim choose a trait even which is a level 1 talent?). So yeah, need more information on that end.

New heroes all sound interesting imo. Lunara looks like an assassin/support with scouting abilities and slows with faster cooldown charge-based heroics, she's going to be a mean harasser with those skills and the speed bonus. And her second heroic looks super mobile, you can do hit and run using both charges, or just keep staying in front of someone that you're chasing.

Greymane looks even more mobile with all the ways he can change into a worgen and get up in the enemy's face or transform/back-dash if things get too heated up front. And the skin where his worgen mode is a lion instead is pretty sick.

CHO'GALL though!! The Gall animation looks kind of janky but I love the concept! I feel like they teased it at some point in an april fool's or something but it seems like blizzard's really trying something cool here between Archon mode for SC2 and now with Cho'gall. Definitely the lowest of mobility amongst the new heroes but more than makes up for it with massive health pools (and for a hero that counts as 2 players, it better!). The joint 'E' ability will be interesting to see how the Gall players react to the Cho throwing the rune bomb out. And from the sounds of it, the talents will synergize with the other player which kind of makes sense as it's one body (e.g. Gall has a talent that can make Cho's movement Unstoppable).

Anyways, I think once Cho'Gall is released we'll need to start a new thread and hunt down people who has them and start spreading the love XD

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The interesting thing about Cho'Gall I think is he's both damage and sustain because he's practically two heroes in one. And, unlike with a regular damage, you can't just focus down the damage. You gotta focus out the tank Cho to kill the damageGall.

I wonder what the XP situation is. Will Cho'Gall give extra XP for a kill?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lanechanger

@themasterds: Ooooh good point, yeah it would probably be the opposite of a murky or viking kill where instead of getting 0.25x takedown you get like 1.5x or 2x

Edit: also hot tip, there's a chogall channel in game that's available as an avenue of trying to party up with people for getting it unlocked

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Isn't Cho'gall supposed to be less of an idiot than most ogre magi?

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Cho'gall supposed to be less of an idiot than most ogre magi?

He is! That's why the realm lords or whomever picked him of all the ogre magi's to summon to battle! Although "less of an idiot than most ogre magi" is not saying much in the first place :P

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

So they added Ogre Magi, Enchantress and Kunkka into Hots now?

The Cho'Gall stuff seems pretty neat. I wonder if he will be a problem in terms of balancing.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By justicejanitor

For some reason, I didn't expect to see Overwatch characters in Heroes of the Storm. Makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Also, the Arena map totally sounds like ARAM from League of Legends and I'm all for that.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Might seem strange but I think the thing I'm most excited for is the fact that they're working on making Tychus better. He's my favorite character but I never pick him in Hero League because I know he's bad. They apparently mentioned that they might make him a "tank buster." That sounds like a really cool idea. Maybe they'll give him a talent where his Q does a % of max health or something?

Speaking of tank busters, is Giant Killer going to completely destroy Cho'Gall? I watched a bit of the demo stream and there appear to be a lot of little yellow bars on his health even at level 1.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lanechanger

Alright, new patch is out! Looks like some big changes actually (aside from Cho) like respawn timers for level 1 - 10 and the leveling scaling. HAVING that said... who's got Cho? XD

Edit: Nevermind, by now, it seems me and a few of the duders in the channel has cho so just ask around in the channel and someone'll usually be on to share him

Edit: Also, I just bought Jaina for 4k, feels pretty good to save 6k over nearly everyone XD

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a ton of Cho'Gall tonight. He's... They're... He's super fun. I love them. Voice chat feels super essential for them though so you really gotta be on that. Also remember which one you are! Don't spam Q if you're Cho!

I almost feel like he needs his own topic to highlight loudly how awesome he is. I thought about making one but didn't pull the trigger.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.