Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Heroes of the Storm's Wiki Page Overhauled

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS

Just wanted to say I've just finished overhauling the wiki page for Heroes of the Storm because it was completely out of date. Embarrassingly so. I was shocked honestly! I probably shouldn't have been because this happened last year as well. This page has a history with being out of date and it was only briefly up to the times since I came in and rewrote it then to talk about talents, mounting, battlegrounds and everything else that had come with its reintroduction at Blizzcon 2013. When I came back to the page most of what I had written before the alpha started (and I didn't get in and stopped caring until I was invited over half a dozen months later) was still there. Most of it was woefully outdated and was still true was very sparse due to not knowing much before it launched. I hope no one looked to the wiki page for information, they'd have read that Thrall was a Support as it was what we heard years ago before Blizzard realized he should be an Assassin and redid him.

So then I've overhauled it, added a section for heroes, written a little bit about each hero, added lots of pretty pictures, wrote a bit about modes, rearranged the gameplay bits, tried to remove as much future tense as I could (a lot of the page talked as if Heroes was not playable yet) and generally did as much as I could to inform someone coming to the page for the first time. There's more that could be done. I didn't really touch on skins and I left the Battleground section mostly as is since it didn't talk about every map in the first place and that's probably fine. Also I made sure to make sure when context is key to include the phrase "at the start of the beta" or "at time of writing" in case no one ever updates this page again and Thrall is listed as the newest hero forever people can know the information is old.

If you're in the beta and you maintain wiki pages it'd be nice if you kept this one on your radar. Let's not have it be a year out of date next year as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.