Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Lt. Morales joins the fray

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Now I'm still getting my bearings in with Heroes, but my god Lt. Morales looks like my perfect character. Ranged support healer, heal beam (much like my favorite class in TF2, the Medic) not to mention that ridiculous heroic of transporting teammates across the battlefield in a flash. I'm going to start saving my gold to buy her ASAP?

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By justicejanitor

She looks great and is probably tied with Mecha-Tassadar for best skin :

No Caption Provided

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I was watching some pros stream her and the thing that really stuck out to me was that it seemed like she's constantly out of mana. It could be that they were just playing her incorrectly and shouldn't have been using Q so much.

She looks like a better version of Lili to me in that her heal is stronger between fights while Uther and Malfurion have bursty heals which are better during team fights.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm guessing this is the "Yet unreleased" hero you get for free when you buy Legacy of the Void.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By justicejanitor

@neocalypso: You actually get Artanis for free if you get Legacy of the Void. I don't think it's the case with Lt. Morales.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

This game really ran out of interesting characters a lot faster than I expected.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@atwa said:

This game really ran out of interesting characters a lot faster than I expected.

Why do you say that? The last character they released was Rexxar and Artanis is after The Medic.

I think it's great they aren't just picking the obvious characters, also The Medic was one of the most important units in Brood War when making a bio army.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombie2011: That's pretty much it. Blizzard said that they prefer adding characters that are interesting gameplay-wise and not just big name story characters just because they are big name story characters.

Obviously, the best thing is to have characters that are big name story characters with cool gameplay stuff around them but I doubt we'd get people like Garrosh Hellscream and Varian Wrynn since they are "big dudes with axe/swords" at best.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was excited from an organized league standpoint for the medivac heroic but kind of underwhelmed by the rest of her kit (aside from zero cool down channeled heal o.c.) to be honest but was reserving judgement until she's actually released.

But yeah, no escape is a bummer but I guess not all supports have it. In terms of cc, I guess she has a skillshot grenade that pushes back/away which is more of a "help yourself/teammate survive" kind of support rather than a "help your team secure kills" kind of support. It was pretty funny to see them show that off in the hero spotlight video "Use it to bump enemies directly into the waiting arms of your teammates" and it shows her completely out of position showing up behind the enemy to bump them in and my first thought was what is a support character with no escape be doing behind the enemy lines at all?? That's a nice way of aggroing the entire enemy team in killing you. (@hansolol you've seen some pro use of her maybe you can shed more light into the usage of displacement grenades). Also, can her healing beam heal herself? Or can she only heal herself through her muradin knockoff trait?

Yeah I don't know, I'm not feeling the hype for her as much as I was for Kharazim (trait flexibility, escapeS, auto attack sustain heals burst AoE heal AND a fatal heal? yes please!) but still excited to play her for the Q and medivac alone.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Yeah, I think she has to be very careful about her mana and not being caught out but otherwise she's really strong. That medivac is amazing used correctly. And while you have mana her healing is top notch.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#13  Edited By TheMasterDS

She's out now in the regular servers. Yeah, she's fun. She has mana issues, is squishy as hell and can be easy to never auto attack with accidentally but she can keep people alive like no one's business. I won both QMs I played as her.

A little off topic, but Artanis is coming one week early for everyone who buys Legacy of the Void and is getting him as part of that. Look for him in two weeks!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So Infernal Shrines is better, but it's still easily the worst map that immediately snowballs in favour of whichever team happens to have more CC. If you aren't that team, you have to REALLY coordinate to just wipe out like 3-4 of the enemy team to buy you the time to slowly autoattack all of the zombies to death.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

This type of character was sorely needed for HotS and might get me back in the game. If anything she look like could be OP in skillful hands.

Very cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.