Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Marriage Is A Two-Headed Ogre

mutleycomedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By mutleycomedy

Callie and I sat together in complete silence. I felt like we had been moving in different directions for quite some time now, but I did not know how to tell her. She couldn’t stand to look at me; her eyes too glued to the screen. We sat two feet from each other and yet I felt miles apart. Why did she stop talking to me? Didn’t she know it was all falling apart?

I stared into the digital abyss in search of answers, finding none. Maybe this was the end. I should have known. Callie clearly had moved on, which was weird because I thought I was playing as Cho. Didn’t I have some say in where we were going? I winded up a punch and lunged, hitting nothing. I expected her to make some snide remark on how that was an allegory for this whole relationship. How I just charged ahead, over-extended and got us both killed. Callie was right; I was kind of a brute.

“Tell me when you send the Rune Bomb, I think I have to detonate it,” she said.

“Ok,” I replied. “Sending one now.”

The ball rolled toward an enemy Hero, and just as I thought it would miss, the detonation blasted the Hero away from the battle.

“Look,” said Callie. “I can nudge you.”

I looked at my screen and watched as the combined force that is Cho’Gall moved slightly to the right. “Useful for dodging,” I said. “In case I don’t see something coming.”

I then noticed that Gall, the magic-heavy Assassin half to my Warrior Cho, had been throwing Dread Orbs at the enemies. Callie was helping this whole time. Why had I been so blind to it?

Maybe I was the silent one. Maybe I was afraid of communication. I was afraid that even as I played as Cho, the legs of Heroes of The Storm’s newest addition, I would have no say in where we were headed.

We lost the match. Callie apologized, citing she had only the chance to play as Cho’Gall once before.

“That’s ok,” I said. “My first time too.”

Cho’Gall is a fascinating addition to the Nexus. Where so many matches can boil down to a blame game, Cho’Gall forces two players to accept responsibilities for each other’s actions. It opens a door for communication and cooperation, something that can be lacking in both the Nexus and the real world. Cho’Gall is a marriage that can end one of two ways: In happiness, till network errors do you part, or in a rage-quit so extreme you’ll end up having to share every other holiday per court order.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm guessing this was suppose to go in the Heroes of the Storm section?

mutleycomedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3 sweep  Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.